What's your graphics card?

Zealot

I have a 16mb TnT!
rock.gif

Buying a 9500 tomorrow.  Gonna patch the drivers for a free 9700 baby
smile.gif
.  Save myself $100 ;).

If you wanna do the same thing look for a radeon 9500 non-pro with the 9700 PCB. If it's got the 9500 PCB, you get a free 9500 Pro. Not a bad deal. There's a hardware mod for it too, but for that you gotta be a little crazy hehe.

GF4 MX440

Before all of you start saying "Nspire, you idiot!", I will just say I got it dirt cheap and I am quite happy with the Lil Engine That Could (thats what I like to call it
smile.gif
).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Kazansky @ Jan. 27 2003,6:25)]Buying a 9500 tomorrow.  Gonna patch the drivers for a free 9700 baby
smile.gif
.  Save myself $100 ;).

If you wanna do the same thing look for a radeon 9500 non-pro with the 9700 PCB.  If it's got the 9500 PCB, you get a free 9500 Pro.  Not a bad deal.  There's a hardware mod for it too, but for that you gotta be a little crazy hehe.
let me know how it goes man!

I will heh. Apparantly some people have gotten the "chessboard effect" with it....so I hope I get a good one. Sapphire OEM 128.

Currently:

ASUS GF4 4400 128Mb

It screams.

My other comp has a Visiontek GF2 MX440 64Mb

Before that I had 3DFX Voodoo 2000 16Mb
Before that I had a ATI Xpert 98 with 8Mb
Before that I had a S3 Virge based card 4Mb EDO Ram.

Funny, I've never had a 32Mb card
sad.gif

I've got a GeForce 2MX 200. Waiting for the new NVidia cards to come out so I can maybe get a Ti for a really nice price.

I rarely buy new games. All I bought last year was "Jedi Outcast" and "Dungeon Siege", and borrowed "Medal of Honor". But I bought a whole bunch of older titles. For this year, the games on my list are the new Indiana Jones and "Knights of the Old Republic". KotOR doesn't come out until Summer, so I think I'm gonna wait until then to upgrade my card. I'll probably be asking some questions about it around then.

You could waste your money on a GeForce FX, or you could get a 9500 np on a 9700 PCB and hack the drivers, or you could wait until March and grab yourself an R350....

Parakletos, I assume you are being sarcastic. Please don't take offense, but to give some perspective, many of us just don't have $400 to spend. I am married and have two kids I am supporting. In addition, it is tough explaining a $400 video card to my wife and I am telling her no on new bedspreads, bed frames, chair, etc.
wink.gif

One of the reasons I am very selective on which NEW games I buy is because I can't justify spending $40-$50 a month.

Now...if I was single, ummmm, I'd probably still be sleeping on my futon, but have a P4 3.0 with the top ATI or NVidia, and full digital recording capabilities.
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the rant...

I've got a Geforce 2 mx 400, 40.72 dets

Thinking about getting a Geforce 4 MX 4x AGP
for about $118 Australian Dollars.

I think that is cheap.

GF 4 MX is not that good a card heh. I'd wait for a little bit personally, unless you despirately need a new card.

Back