Whats happened..

due to clan channels most people in ToJ will default go to the channel Clan ToJ. Public Chat Christians has been unused alot sinse the bot is no longer in there. its a good place for general meetings, but i would suggest the Clan channel as the primary channel, if you are not in the clan ask Exo-Slayer or one of the other shamans to invite you

And therein lay the problem. I do not belong to the clan, therefor I can not enter the clan TOJ channel, therefor nobody will know when I am on.

Hey, who remembers seven seals? Too bad you can't do private servers anymore
sad.gif

IF you want in that is fine just contact one of the people, otherwise just get everyones account name and add it toyour /f list and give us your so we can add you

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GodsPeon @ Oct. 25 2003,1:19)]Hey, who remembers seven seals?  Too bad you can't do private servers anymore
sad.gif
Me. *g*

And yes, I miss the private servers as well. Blasted interpretations of the End-User License Agreement. -_-

As for Public Chat Christians, it's mostly the domain of Starcraft players now. I'd love to host a bot in the channel, but don't have the necessary software. Maybe if someone could send that old custom bot my way...?

<span id='ME'><center>Gods_Peon Sighs</center></span>

Yes. Zion. Not that matrix interpretation of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Oct. 28 2003,7:15)]Yes.  Zion.  Not that matrix interpretation of it.
Yes, I admit, I do miss Zion, too. But, if we were to re-create it now (and I confess that I'm tempted, what with my secondary machine having room for one more server application), it would only confuse new members.

It's best to keep Public Chat Christians and install a bot there. Ooor maybe we should look into an Op channel and I could run a bot that could delegate rights to kick, ban, and all that jazz.

*muses* Hmm...Someone get back to me on this. What are our options?

I don't think going back to the private server idea is warranted. It was fun when we had it. WCIII lends itself to the public domain much better then StarCraft does. What we can't forget to do is active recruitment mind you!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Nov. 01 2003,1:42)]I don't think going back to the private server idea is warranted.  It was fun when we had it.
Agreed, and agreed.

Also, I tried accessing Op ToJ-SC with TopazChat (a Battle.net chat client) and couldn't access it. ;_;

The problem with PCC is that we don't have rights to kick or ban users from the channel. This became a major problem earlier this year when, one foggy night, a group of hateful users crashed the party and started bashing the Christian faith. Civil debate I can tolerate. Coming into our "home" and spewing hateful venom, no.

But, the problem with Op ToJ-SC is that we can't access it with chat clients. Now, I know that very few of us use Battle.net chat clients any more, but I find mine very useful and very convenient.

So, just as we moved to create one universal tag for all ToJ chapters, I'd like to make one universal Battle.net channel for all CGA community members.

Please post your thoughts and ideas here.
biggrin.gif

I agree. The common BNet channel is a great idea for CGA. Maybe like the old days:

Primary: CGA or Public Chat Christians
Secondary: CGamers
Third: TOJ

Also, if we can't ban people from a channel, neither can they ban us. I remember people getting in to the channel as Ops and autobanning everybody. That is not a problem anymore. We can squelch offensive people quite easily, on a one by one basis, individually.

And having secondary and third channels will allow people to quickly go to a quiet channel until the primary quiets down. Most of those hot heads are only around the channel for a few days at most. They are really more interested in playing games then not.

Do we need a bot? I don't know. We can add everybody to our friends list, that way we know who is online. But that list is limited in number. And I don't think SC\BW has access to such a list. Having channel bot is good in that it will allow people to find out if anybody else is on line. At least the last ten people.

Another idea, having co-ordinated, or CGA wide events on line. ie...bring back bible studies online with gaming to follow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Nov. 03 2003,3:19)]Another idea, having co-ordinated, or CGA wide events on line.  ie...bring back bible studies online with gaming to follow.
I dig it.
smile.gif

I've wanted to coordinate an online Bible study for quite some time now. I just need a program coordinator to handle all the details. *coughHINTcough*

Me thinks somebody is trying to send me a message.  But I am not sure.  Can we get some clarrification.  I seem to be a bit out of tune.  My crystal ball is broken and won't be fixed any time ever.

oh no, my image tag has been turned off agian ;( waahh

yes he is/... saying why dont you try to take lead with it and maybe find some people ot help you with it.

On a side note, i lost my dancing bear
sad.gif

Are you saying that you will give me back my image tag if I give you back your dancing bear?

Not like I stole or anything. I had to take it off my site for various reasons.

i didnt take away the image in your sig, i was just wondering what had happened to the dancing bear.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Nov. 04 2003,3:51)]oh no, my image tag has been turned off agian ;( waahh
*scratches head* Well, as far as I know, no one's done this on purpose. But I do know that, historically, the image tag as it regards user signatures has been a very, very temperamental feature. It's working, it's broken--all in the same day. It seems rather random. -_-

And it might also be that it works in some forums but not in others.

If it's not working in a few days, I'll see if I can change a specific IkonBoard setting I have in mind and fix it. Again.

Back