What version of CS do you use: Retail or Mod?

What version of CS do you use: Retail or Mod? -

• Retail version

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Mod version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Allanon

I am interested to know how many use the retail version as there are map packs and other stuff which I have not hosted in the past which have taken into account those with the retail version. If there is sufficient numbers, I would consider splitting up our files into Retail vs. Mod for ease of install.

mod takes up less space in my experience... for retail i had it with 1.4 gb witha ll the map packs etc.. and only 1.2 gb for mod.. and i dont polay anyother mod tho..

featherweights... 2.67 GB :0)

and mod... retail is a ridiculous waste of money. If you buy retail you get 1 game and 1 game only. If you buy Half-Life (and it's usually CHEAPER than retail) you get any mod you can play any game you want (literally 100's to choose from).

also i don't think there's been a retail release yet that included all the necesarry .wad's and maps. hehe

Mine is well under a gig in size. I'm with MidgetSpy, if you have a choice, go with the mod version. As a side note, I have decided to host the retail version of fusion packs and assault packs.

My counter-strike folder (retail) is about 2 gigs (1.97 is what my box tells me). Like I said before, I use the retail. My actual cstrike folder is about 1.25 gigs. (And to think that they made entire hard drives smaller than that, and people were amazed at how large they were... *sigh* How times have changed...)

I have the retail, but I can still play other mods no prob. I have aleady installed and played DoD and I'll soon try NS.

3.38 Gig for my CS...I'm a pack-rat...i keep all patches handy, and every map I dl...not to mention maps that I've made (that aren't good enough), fusion packs, skins, list goes on...

told ya you didn't want to know...teehee
rock.gif

Back