What platform will you be buying BF3 on?

What platform will you be buying BF3 on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally, I am still undecided...not having it on Steam has really brought me to a point of not wanting it on PC...but I played the Alpha on PC and it was amazing! However, I am an achievement freak...so without Steam achievements...I might have to go 360... :p

Yep! Cause all you really needed was origin running in the backgroup and just go directly to the Battlelog website. I have it set to startup when I logon my computer so I'm not really bothered with it.

Besides if you look at the top, it says Origin Beta. So they are still working out the bugs. Honestly I would like to see some competition to Steam, even if it is from EA. Otherwise, Steam will have a monopoly on the digital download service.

Honestly I would like to see some competition to Steam, even if it is from EA. Otherwise, Steam will have a monopoly on the digital download service.

It is not competition when you only offer games from one publisher...

And it took me almost 2 hours to get Origin to even start downloading the Alpha...didn't seem like any bugs, just crappy dev...

After watching MW3 Survival Spec Ops, I'm leaning towards MW3 than BF3.

I really love Survival games like Dead Island and Resident Evil.

Though, if BF3 has Onslaught mode, then it will be the one that is best.

I fell in love with BF2 so BF3 is a must for me, and since I don't own a PS3 or 360 I will be running it on my PC. Plus, I'm finally use to using a mouse and keyboard for shooters so I hate to get away from that.

Origin is not...which is required to have to play BF3 on PC... Origin is a digital download service for EA ONLY games... :-/

Origin is only being used as a portal because EA is trying to push it on Gamers, I have BF 3 pre ordered on Disc, no Origin dl here. If it is like other games I own then Origin can be shut off but you can still play the game :)

I'm going to see how the beta runs on my PC (Phenom II X4, 4GB RAM, Radeon 4670). If it's decent, I'll probably go the PC route. If not, I'll get it on 360. I'm not asking for miracles from my machine, but I want it to look somewhat nice and have a decent frame rate.

I'm going to see how the beta runs on my PC (Phenom II X4, 4GB RAM, Radeon 4670). If it's decent, I'll probably go the PC route. If not, I'll get it on 360. I'm not asking for miracles from my machine, but I want it to look somewhat nice and have a decent frame rate.

You will probably see decent results on your machine...but after playing the beta, I still can't get over the train wreak that is Origin...and am VERY surprised to see already 12 people choosing PC... (-_-)

Hey guys, be sure that if you're planning on running BF3 on the PC, to post me a message on the Battlefield 3 topic in the forums.

Thanks!

EDIT: I suppose that's if you're going to be playing with ToJ.

Last edited:
...and am VERY surprised to see already 12 people choosing PC... (-_-)

Why? While this can be a polarizing topic that I don't want to start a debate on but... most PC gamers would NEVER play an FPS on a console. It's either PC or skip it if Origin is too bad.

BTW, Steam was for Valve games only, too, at one point. I've not heard that Origin would ever branch out, just saying.

BTW, Steam was for Valve games only, too, at one point. I've not heard that Origin would ever branch out, just saying.
Aren't there already third-party games on Origin? Or public plans for them?

Having poked around the beta for a little while I can say that, while I'm still irked at the principle behind the thing, Origin really hasn't been bad. It kind of ends up just sitting there taking up space, mildly annoying, but hardly a deal breaker.

Honestly I would be more shocked at people not choosing PC since, as we all know, PC is really the only way to play a game like this. The PC version also has some major advantages over consoles since only we will see the return of 64 player games and the graphics, unlike so many games these days, were clearly meant to blow past the limitations of console hardware.

Back