What connection do you use and in/out of town?

What connection do you use and in/out of town? - Cable vs. DSL and where you live

• Cable/Urban

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Cable/Rural

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DSL/Urban

• DSL/Rural

• Other/Urban

• Other/Rural

• Total voters

[7F]Otter

Hey, out of curiousity, what's the percentage of people that use Cable vs. DSL, and does it have anything to do with where you live?

Personally, I live north of the city of Edmonton, and I get GREAT bandwidth on my Shaw cable connection. (I can regularaly exceed 600k/s download speeds if the servers will let me.)  My ping on TRiB Edmonton is about 40-60ms. I have cable because there is no DSL in my area, and I am 1 of only about 4 others on my entire node. ALWAYS great bandwidth.

I'm on DSL urban because I live 300 feet from the main pipeline coming into Lethbridge...and I usually out-ping most E-town geeks with teens into low 20-ish ping rates on half-full server...

watch my ping and weep........cuz I still can't kill ppl, teehee

*green-eyed monster lunges at joe*

I'm on urban Shaw, and i'm pretty sure everyone in my apartment complex is on the same node
sad.gif
cause i usually ping 40 - 70 or higher
sad.gif

On the other hand, Xinny just got DSL/Urban and i can ping like 12 - 26 to our server. Happy times!

o_O what is Urban and Rural? I'm da n00b

<hello im one of the ToJ people could i join in the forums?>

Gotcha! mines Cable Urban right in meh neighbor
tounge.gif

Company is RoadRunner. Average ping (me westerncoast) in west coast 9-60 east coast 60-140 central 50-70

I live in SW of Calgary and i have shaw because DSL doesnt get to this area but i love my shaw cable my d/l speed is around 550- 600 and when i d/l from my host (www.gamingforge.net) i think it s from US and i get around 650 and i got almost 700 once!

heh heh... that's my story too! DSL doesn't reach me... and I get the same download speeds... of course it depends on the server on the other end, but I got all the bandwidth I need out here... Just a bunch of farmers around me.

Back