[Weekly - W] Now Playing

had some bnet credit so i picked up wc3 for the first time. Loving the campaign and lore.

a little bit harder than i expected but good game to play

Mainstays are still my digitized tabletop games, primarily Ascension and Star Realms. Both still get my constant recommendation.

Made some progress on Kingdom Hearts. I like it a lot.

Picked up $10 Lego Worlds on PS4, though, and now it's the only game I ever want to play. For better or worse, I'm only playing it between the time waifu and kiddo go to bed and time I go to bed. It's simultaneously relaxing and engaging. It's an instant favorite even with its flaws.

My competitive side (i.e. frustration when losing) with competitive games (War Thunder, Battlefront, etc) is starting to peek it's ugly head again. So while I'm still playing Battlefront II, I've also set up Skyrim for another run and created a High Elf. Since Skyrim is single player, I don't have the same level of frustration. It is actually rather relaxing as I wander the countryside striking down bandits and wolves.

Still Puzzle & Dragons, though not as much because work has been busy.

Finished the main quest in Breath of the Wild's The Champions' Ballad DLC. So good.

Caved and finally bought Monument Valley 2 on Android for $5 after it didn't go on sale in December. No regrets, though I haven't had many opportunities to play it (that weren't preempted by Zelda--because ZELDA).

Switched from stock Android to LineageOS + Franco kernel + Magisk recently, which allows me to play games that block rooted devices (i.e. Nintendo mobile games). I picked Fire Emblem Heroes back up and tried out Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. I don't see myself sticking with either long-term (and haven't played much of either after installing), but it's nice to at least have the option. Oh, right, I installed Super Mario Run and immediately remembered why I dropped the game after playing a few of the free levels. I <3 Mario games, but Run just fell flat for me. There's also Pokemon Go, but...meh.

I only get to play Persona 5 after the kids have gone to bed and I've finished household chores, so I've made very little progress so far. Enjoying what I've played, though!

Already posted this week, buuuuut...

Finished Mega Man 6 last night, marking the last game off the list from the first Mega Man Legacy Collection. I can now definitely say that I've played through all six NES games of the series.

I already have the second collection (7-10), but I'm too engaged in LEGO Worlds and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix to start them up yet.

Still Puzzle & Dragons. But not much.

Finally started Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Trial of the Sword, which is part of the first DLC pack. My hesitation was justified as the trial is 45 floors of increasingly difficult battles with almost no margin for error. If and when you die, you start over FROM THE BEGINNING. This is one of those quests that would have been fun in a season of life before I got married, got a full-time job, and had kids, but now? Can't say the idea thrills me. I've already died once (to a silly mistake; I accidentally caused a chain reaction with explosive barrels and KO'd myself) and clawed my way back past where I was. Last I left off, I had put the Switch to sleep on floor 7.

Discovered that I'm just not that in to Fire Emblem Heroes or Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. Probably won't be long before I back both games up using Titanium Backup, transfer the backups to my computer, and uninstall the games from my phone.

Hardly any Persona 5 this week. :(

I'm on a work trip, and have been since Sunday. Not much opportunity to game this way. Playing my turns in Star Realms and Ascension on mobile, but that's about it. Did put in some work in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix prior to coming out here, though. Game's pretty good stuff.

I'm making progress on my phone with Sim City: Buildit. Also progressing well in War Robots by Pixonic.
Had some rare chances to get into the old CGA world of Minecraft. Managing to get my homestead looking better as well as minor repairs to walkways as I found them from spawn. Noticed what appears to be some massive damage to what I think was a neighbor's tower. Don't think anyone else has been on the server to play in a long time, other than myself.
Should have my first motivational video uploaded within a week.

Skyrim didn't happen. I think I've over-played that game to death. I guess it's time to hang up my sword, settle down and bake sweetrolls.

Playing Battlefront II, but I also started a new play-through of Fallout 4 to keep me calm. Using the Horizon overhaul and the language filter mod with gore toggled off. A handful of texture mods and one weapons pack designed for Horizon. It's a bit more difficult, but different and that keeps it interesting.

Still Puzzle & Dragons.

Back to Super Mario Odyssey for post-game fun. SO MUCH FUN.

Maybe logged in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp and Fire Emblem Heroes twice this last week. Thinking it might be time to back them up using Titanium Backup and uninstall them both (after I collect 50 orbs in FEH for the 1-year anniversary event).

Got to play Team Fortress 2 during Tribe of Judah's weekly TF2sday game night last night and had a blast. Was so good to be back with friends like @The Mighty Gerbil (and shooting them). :>

Still grinding out matches in the still-awesome Star Realms and Ascension on mobile.

Worked extra last weekend so I could buy Dragon Ball FighterZ, and I dare say it's one of the best fighting games around. It's more accessible than recent Marvel Vs. Capcom games but still has a good measure of the tactical depth of Blazblue. It's also gorgeous and smooth. Also, it's just plain ol' a blast to play. 10/10 recommended.

Oh, and co-bought Monster Hunter World with a buddy. Haven't even gotten through the tutorial yet. Work has been taking me into the evening, along with job applications and the like, so I haven't gotten much time in with either of these new games, but at least they were paid for without guilt of spending on them.

Quite frankly, Swee Trolls are some of the tastiest. You just have to be sure to bake them to a crisp, golden brown. Crispy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside.

Subnautica was fully released so I put my Fallout play-through on hold and switched to that. I must say, it is very relaxing to just swim around enjoying the view.

Yuppers so a little wc3, just started night elf campaign. I'm also playing some GW2 and treating it like an idle game. Just hitting up events and in 3 weeks nearly leveled a 20 upto 65, hoping to hit 80 here soon to do some more dungeon-y things..... i suck at those for the most part. I feel like i barely know how to play the game...... but its a kool idle..... just wish some of the event stuff had better views. Considering most of hte events happen at swamps, desolate waste lands and barren snowfields..... it just isnt the prettiest of screen savers :)

Still Puzzle & Dragons.

Some Super Mario Odyssey, but not much. The face match mini-game delivered a healthy dose of laughter for me and my older daughter. Good times.

I think it's close to 2 weeks since I fired up Persona 5. I enjoyed the game and was just getting to the part of every Persona game where you start to gain considerably more freedom, but it's hard to find time for a M-rated console game that I can only play when kids are in bed when I instead have to spend that time on chores and, y'know, sleeping. I'm selfishly hoping the next game in the Persona franchise lands on the Switch, if only so I can play it on my lunch breaks at work (though I think I've taken my Switch to work 3 times and only spent about 10 minutes playing it on a break one time).

Game list is the same as last week, but with a game of Ticket to Ride thrown in since my sister in Florida was up for playing it with me.

Been playing more Monster Hunter than Dragon Ball this week. The farming is starting to sink its teeth into me, so it's pretty hard to play other games when I need "just one more fang to build my next piece of gear!"

Monster Hunter is so awesome. Totes recommended.

Back