[Weekly - W] Now Playing

With all the crazyness going on in rl right now am barely getting my dailies done in GW2.

My list hasn't changed much. I decided to stay up and game a bit last night. Figured it was justified in light of some things worth celebrating lately. Got my season 5 barbarian in Diablo up to paragon 36 and finished a level 15 Greater Rift solo in a little over half the allotted time. Still gotta get up to doing a level 20 GR solo for my seasonal reward. I really, really want my Groot-that-isn't-actually-but-is-still-totally-Groot pet. :D

Beyond that, Hot Shots Tennis and Tekken 6 round out my video gaming for the week while I traded a few Pokemon TCG decks I had for a couple Magic decks to put to use tomorrow night. Hooray!

So I had been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, but then I realized that I just don't have much interest in it anymore. This used to be, probably, my second-favorite game, ever since I got it; guess it's time to move on. :)
So I did, to Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, playin' through the Story Mode.

I've also been playing Minecraft, though not as much lately as I attempt to keep it from taking over completely. :D

As of last night, I started playing Killer Instinct since it just dropped on Win10 (game itself is free, with one free character that rotates every month--characters can be bought individually or in packs) and picked up Dragon's Crown on the cheap. Despite the criticism it's received for its aesthetics, it's already a blast to play, a love letter to beat-'em-ups of yore.

And got my Groot pet in Diablo. Supposed to draft in Magic later this week, too.

So I had been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, but then I realized that I just don't have much interest in it anymore. This used to be, probably, my second-favorite game, ever since I got it; guess it's time to move on. :)
So I did, to Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, playin' through the Story Mode.

I've also been playing Minecraft, though not as much lately as I attempt to keep it from taking over completely. :D

yeah... modded minecraft is brutal for that too.

I have almost all of immersive engineering completed in a FTB infinity evolved pack and it took a while to understand

I bought Yakuza 5 last week and started playing it. I'm loving it so far! It's definitely not for the wee ones, so I have to wait until after the kids are in bed and wear wireless headphones while playing, but I'm really enjoying playing a new Yakuza game.

I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons, Monster Strike, and Pokemon Shuffle on mobile.

I also played Team Fortress 2 with my fellow Tribe of Judah members last night. Much fun!

Same CowRocket, GW2 no change. Just crowding in the dailies and simple farming of iron ore, platinum, mithril, and elder logs. Also getting an occasional farming bonus of Ancient wood and Oricalcum. Real life hasn't left me much time for anything else. May actually have some extra time for working on older Slayer achievements tonight.

yeah... modded minecraft is brutal for that too.

I have almost all of immersive engineering completed in a FTB infinity evolved pack and it took a while to understand

Well, I can't really play modded Minecraft.... I'm using a 9 year-old, 32-bit computer. It runs vanilla fine, but too many mods make Java crash during the loading process. My friend convinced me to try Minecraft (because I was sure the computer wouldn't be able to play it; it doesn't meet most of the minimum requirements Mojang lists). He's already been playing for 3 years and finds vanilla boring now, so he's been trying to make his own super-lightweight-but-still-fun-to-play modpack, unsuccessfully. :(

Le updated response: I picked up Mortal Kombat X yesterday on super cheap for PC when I found out Killer Instinct runs well and they have the same system requirements. Looks like it'll play just fine. Stoked.

I finished the main story in Puzzle & Dragons Z on Monday! Huzzah! I've yet to start the post-game, but I'll probably start on that tomorrow. Or get back to Bravely Default. I haven't decided yet.

I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons, Monster Strike, and Pokemon Shuffle on mobile.

My daughter and I have been playing Rayman Legends together on the Wii U. She has so much more fun with "the tap levels" where she can play as Murfy than playing the standard platformer levels as Rayman.

I haven't played Yakuza 5 for a few nights, but maybe I can set aside some time for some good old-fashioned thug-smashing this weekend.

I'm considering spending a $20 Nintendo eShop gift card on Pikmin 3, but I haven't decided yet.

I'd like to get back in to Just Cause 3 on the PC and Splatoon on the Wii U, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. :( I'd love to have a gaming holiday, where I can get Chinese food, watch anime, and play games. But I'm a father of 2 girls, a husband, and a full-time employee, so back to reality for me!

This post makes it sound like I spend a lot of gaming, but I don't! I wish I had more time for games, that's all. :/

Have barely gamed in the last week since I just got back from Cali, visiting my grandpa and uncles with my wife, but being there compelled me to pick up Red Dead Redemption upon return for the big price of five bucks (my grandpa has western movies/shows on 24/7, and I felt the urge to play RDR hit hard).

Started on the Magic the Gathering rendition of Puzzle Quest, and been on Miitomo. Also, I gotta patch up my Final Fantasy Record Keeper. It's good, but I'm not actually sure if it's better than Brave Frontier. Ready to play some Mortal Kombat X and Killer Instinct, but RDR and Dragon's Crown are, probably, most likely to get any upcoming game time.

Yep. Still playing Monster Strike and Puzzle & Dragons on mobile. Logged in to get my daily bonuses on Pokemon Shuffle and that's about it.

I've started the post-game (or the second half?) of Puzzle & Dragons Z.

I've made it to the third chapter of the first act of Yakuza 5. I have a feeling the real action is about to start soon, but I want to finish the taxi missions first because I don't know if or when I'll have the opportunity to get back to them and I don't want to look at a guide for fear of spoilers.

I've also been playing Rayman Legends on the Wii U with my older daughter when we've had the opportunity. She loves video games (her own words), so I feel I did at least something right in raising her. :D

Like @Kendrik, I've been dabbling in Miitomo, but I'm still not ready to link my personal Facebook account to the app just yet. I might be convinced if any of my friends are still playing it in a few weeks.

I got in a bit of Chrono Cross this weekend, and it's been really good. There are a lot of things I love about its design decisions (star levels being cast-wide, even for unrecruited and sidelined characters, for example). I'm not a huge proponent of the color system for ability efficacy, though. I get it, I just don't love it. I do generally like feeling like grinding out characters is a totally unnecessary and mostly useless endeavor, though. Helps with the pacing.

Also, been continuing my FFRK growth. Final Fantasy XII is the new event's source material, which means I get to acquire Balthier easily. Hooray!

But, best of all, I scavenged/salvaged a pretty deluxe monitor stand and performed some modification work on it and my "got it for five bucks at a garage sale" monitor so I now have a fully pivoting monitor for pinball. Haven't had a lot of time for it, but I've been greatly enjoying Pinball FX2 now.

Pic for posterity:

pinball.jpg

GW dailies but thats about it T_T

I've been getting more tendonitis issues lately and so I've had to back off a bit

I just got Boderlands:The Handsome collection on my ps4. I have also been playing smite on ps4.

I also have doom on reserve for the 13th for the ps4. ***Knight fidgets while he waits for doom release***

On mobile: More Puzzle & Dragons. A little more Monster Strike. Logging in for daily bonuses in Pokemon Shuffle. Spent a grand total of about 3 minutes with Miitomo.

On the 3DS: Spent maybe 30 minutes clearing StreetPass tags and wrapping up a set of levels on Puzzle & Dragons Z. Wanting to get back to New Super Mario Bros. 2 soon for some good old-fashioned platforming. Wishing I had more time to pick Bravely Default back up and see it through to completion.

On the Wii U: Rayman Legends with my older daughter. So much fun. :)

On PC: Missed the Doom online beta, missed ToJ's TF2sday event this Tuesday. Wishing I could carve out a few hours to pick up where I left off in Just Cause 3.

On the PS3: Made it to the "THIS IS THE POINT OF NO RETURN SO YOU BETTER GO DO ALL YOUR SIDEQUESTS NOW" section of the first act. Planning on exhausting all taxi missions before proceeding with the main story. Probably going to skip playing shogi.

But, best of all, I scavenged/salvaged a pretty deluxe monitor stand and performed some modification work on it and my "got it for five bucks at a garage sale" monitor so I now have a fully pivoting monitor for pinball. Haven't had a lot of time for it, but I've been greatly enjoying Pinball FX2 now.

Pic for posterity:

View attachment 2165
So cool.

Now I'm wishing my monitor at home pivoted as well. :/

Been on my behind from a cold that's just bad enough to keep me from being active and has impaired my work schedule. Despite this, haven't actually gamed that much. Mostly Pinball FX2 (more people should get in on this--even without the pivoting monitor, it is excellence--I need more friends to challenge for high scores), and picked up the Force Awakens table pack yesterday due to a Steam sale. Also, some more Chrono Cross. If walkthrough table of contents are any indicator, I'm a bit over halfway through it now. It finally took a turn from being "a solid game, especially mechanically, but not living up to wow-factor of Chrono Trigger" to "this is a genuinely worthy successor." I'm excited to finish it... then want to play it again. lol

But seriously, more people on Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade, please. :D

Edit: Oh, and my job is great. We're actually working on putting together a virtual pinball cabinet to run Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade for the student center. I've had parts of my work time happily designated (by boss and self) to assembling the front-end software configuration and getting hardware issues taken care of. Such win! :D

Last edited:
Still playing Etrian Odyssey Untold.

In Minecraft I had been attempting a large project in creative (a replica of this), but I abandoned it yesterday, discouraged by the size and my own inexperience. I'm doing better in Minecraft Pocket Edition; built a house on a hill and now I'm carving the hill to fit my house exactly and erecting a carved-sandstone wall from ground-level up to the house-level. Then I should dig down below my house and make it a multi-story building....... Why? Because there is no Y in Minecraft. :p

I've also been playing my two favorite series in Flash gaming: The Last Stand (zombie shooting fun) and Sushi Cat (cute pudgy kitty fun).

Soooooo... my wife and I agreed months ago to get a PS4...when I graduated. There was a killer deal on an Uncharted bundle (all four games, including the one that just came out last week, for the price of a regular bundle without the game), so we ordered it, but then it got here early, and I hadn't finished my final papers yet. Story unrelated to what I've been playing aside, I've been playing with my shiny new PS4. (PSN name is KendrikTheRed)

Mostly been playing Uncharted, starting with the first. Very impressed by how good it looks given that it's basically an HD-ification of an already HD game from 2009, but it looks and and plays (98% of the time) better. Loving it. Excited to move on to the sequels, too, having never played them.

I also got PSO2 from the Japanese PSN store installed, and my PC account works flawlessly with it. Hooray! ...but now I have to learn some Japanese since the PS4 version can't do third-party English patching.

Back