Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - His Will

Durruck

Pirate!
The night Jesus was arrested, before his trial and crucifixion, he prayed alone in the Garden of Gethsemane, having asked three of his disciples to wait nearby, praying for him.

He withdrew about a stone's throw and prayed, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'" (Luke 22:41-42)

How often do we pray to God and demand our way? Do we try to strongarm God into doing what we want Him to do, rather than praying that we can live to fulfill His will?

Now, I know that many people want to quote Jesus saying that there is power where two or three agree in His name. However, that's a slight misquote.

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:20)

Remember that God holds the power and authority. So when you pray and your family member isn't healed, you don't find your pet, or your car doesn't change it's own oil... you may not be asking for God's will to be done. Remember to subject yourself to Him in everything you do. In every prayer you pray.

Back