Warlocks: Changes to Resilience

example42

I don't PvP much at all, but there are new changes in the works for resilience. Resilience will decrease the damage DoT's do by the same percent it would decrease the damage a crit does. (About 10% at 400 resilience I think.) Now, I would love to discuss this but I'm afraid when I do my vision starts to go fuzzy and I foam at the mouth. But maybe amongst yourselves you can discuss why this is incredibly stupid and the fact that DoT's can't crit and that they can be dispelled and that the ever increasing stamina on gear is an effective countermeasure and that lksaiods ieriotuxc ,mnta jsalgfdsaa lkj fhsdg

Sorry. My vision went and I started having seizures. I think I'm better now. Anyway, it's important info so there you go. Those of you who don't have warlocks go ahead and cheer. Those more enlightened individuals can make counterpoints. Begin!

Yeah this is a poor choice on Blizzard's behalf. For all the reasons you mentioned before, not to mention that dots can be healed through...

Not sure how much resilience serious pvpers stack these days, but 400 resilience sounds like a lot... and if they got that much wouldn't they sacrifice a lot of other stats?

Yeah this is a poor choice on Blizzard's behalf. For all the reasons you mentioned before, not to mention that dots can be healed through...

Not sure how much resilience serious pvpers stack these days, but 400 resilience sounds like a lot... and if they got that much wouldn't they sacrifice a lot of other stats?

Look, Faust was so distraught he was seeing (and posting) double!

Seriously, this seems a little overreaction by Bliz. I would think that, if they intend to do something like this, the percentage would be a little bit less than the same as crit reduction. Having it the same is a pretty significant DoT nerf across the board, not just for Lock's, although they are the primary target here it seems.

400 resilience is apparently the standard for "pretty good" arena teams. From looking at gear on the armory and just reading the forums, it seems pretty common. People talk about getting 350 without even trying-- just from normal arena gear.

It would make sense to apply it to something like unstable affliction when it is dispelled. THis is assuming it still is capable for doing a crit off that effect. The only reason I can think of to apply the effect of resilience to dots would be that most other class damage has been reduced by the advent of resilience. Some of the crit based classes, such as mages or rogues, take a more significant hit than perhaps locks do. As far as I know the only type of lock that does not use dots as a primary source of dps would be destro type locks? This would result in a situation where locks would have an "unmitigated" source of damage in the high end arena environment.

THis is simply musing as to the reason for such an application of resilience to dots, still does not fly with me either as a reasonable reason to apply it to them.

Sean

I Don't know, As a non pvper I think this is a great move by blizz. I know in pvp the only things that kill me are DoTs from locks. I know we are always saying that locks should be nerfed, maybe this is true maybe not.

What I see Blizz doing here is saying hey look you can't crit but all your DoTs do the same amount of damage a rogue/mage/hunter crit for. Since all these people loss x% in chance of crit (which means x % of damage done) why shouldn't a lock lose the same thing.

The part we need to realize here is that a lock is the only class in the game that isn't crit dependent (save healers and Tanks).

That's just my thought I might just not be understanding it well, and I haven't played in a LONG time but that's where I am right now.

I would be ok with the change... if they also change things so that each tick of a dot could crit. Sounds like a fair trade off to me.

Oh and sorry about the double post, not sure what happened there.

Probably going to effect Pally Consecration as well. Not that I do tons of dps, but now even less damage...Boo! They won't let each tick crit, it would over power Pally dps...lol. Glad I'm not a serious PVPer...

That would hardly be game breaking for pally consecration dps. Thats just a little boon to what you do during an encounter. Its just blizz trying to balance out a slight imbalance in pvp. Won't affect pve at all, and its not like there try ign to nerf those dots to the ground, but bring them in line with what other classes lose from resilience.

I would be ok with the change... if they also change things so that each tick of a dot could crit.

It certainly seems to be too much of a correction to reduce them by 10% wholesale while resilience only applies to crits. They happen often with good gear but not often enough. Not sure how blizz would calculate that with the fluctuating crit rates. Giving them a chance to crit seems to be intrusive on pve concerns, which I'm sure Deedlyt wouldn't mind, but...no thanks they do enough as it is :)

Sean

Back