Warhammer 40k

glacius

I am a young christian not physically. I began playing the table top game warhammer 40k. I have started looking through the rulebooks and noticed that their are a lot of references to demons and such. I refuse to play an army that has demons or can use them. But is is wrong to play the game at all. I play the necrons now which are a robotic race. But I am at point where I am considering giving up this hobby. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

You are going to find that many SCIFI and Fantasy games incorporate elements of chaos, demons, undead, devils etc. Your perspective on the game and those you play with is important. IF you or those you play the game revel in playing evil characters, forces, I'd suggest you might have a problem. Generally in my roleplaying / war gamming experience it isn't a problem, I have come across players that I didn't think had a healthy perspective on the game and I stopped playing with them, but I didn't stop gamming...

I'd pray and reflect upon it, you'll come to the right answer through God's help.

It only matters how the content effects you. Remember, at the end of the day, it is only a game. That's it.

I "play" (okay, fine, have sitting on my shelf) a Necron army. I love the Necrons, they're completely and totally overpowered, except against the marines.

Before that I played the Tyranids, they were totally overrated legions of the pansy.

I don't see anything wrong with the game, spiritually, although I completely agree that leading an army composed of demons and the damned is totally not my style.

On the other hand, leading an army of inquisitional heretics slaying said demons in the name of a "god emperor" isn't my thing either... that's why I chose to play a team on the sidelines of the Imperial-Chaos battle.

I hardly play anymore, it's all WoW for me these days.

I actually was considering playing witch hunters as my next army if I decided to continue the hobby. I do not worship these games or the models the history and lore behind the game has me concerned. A god-emperor, I fi chose any army besides tyranid,eldar or necron they all worship demons or the "god emperor".
I look at it as a work of fiction but and understand it doensent matter.
But then I think of minding things of a good and lovely repor,
Really,really appreciate your comments and glad a forum like this exist.

The army I decided to play refers to some of there units as succubus and incubi. Which are bad spirits or demons (not sure)
I dont revel in or worship the game in any since. I do enjoy playing though but if this is something that is un-christian about it I want to know

Back