Warcraft 3 Networking Please help!

M

maklaka

Alright.. i want to host a LAN party with my friends so that we may play WC3. The wierd thing is there are diffrent types of networking! I hear NETBUEI is a very good network for small LAN's. But how do I "select" which network protical I want to use!??!!? Man I need help. Someone please. I have installed NETBUEI and now I don't know how to get started.

Help me!

I'm not sure, in Starcraft, when u go in to Multiplayer menu there is a selection of them, but im not sure about Warcraft III. I've never tried, but htere may be a option menu in Local Area network, or u can try running the netbluei program or whatever that is.. i dun think there is a protocol named netbluei is ther?

All i know is the best way to network is IPX. U can install that via control panel in Windows, (u may need ur installation disk if u have Windows version lower then 2000. After instaling the protocol for all comps that is needed in the network, go on WarCraft for all of them, select one comp and create a game, and the room should show up in the menu for all other comp that are connected to the network. Be sure all the computers are connected in Exact same network, and the Workgroup's name all identical.

Hopefully this answered ur question and solved ur problem
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (maklaka @ June 28 2003,10:33)]Alright.. i want to host a LAN party with my friends so that we may play WC3. The wierd thing is there are diffrent types of networking! I hear NETBUEI is a very good network for small LAN's. But how do I "select" which network protical I want to use!??!!? Man I need help. Someone please. I have installed NETBUEI and now I don't know how to get started.

Help me!
Warcraft III uses TCP/IP. If anyone is using a firewall or you have other problems, check their settings and refer to battle.net for technical support and all that.

Back