VOID REAVER ALARM

Good point Mordos. I have heard nothing but good reviews on it, I guess I got a little excited. I mean, hello, blue screen means run away, how can anybody miss that unless they are colour blind right? And I know there are some colour blind people but maybe a change in hue is enough for them.

I bet the coding on it isn't so tough that one of the resident guru's couldn't update it if needed. Where there any lua changes in 2.3? I know there were macro changes but that not lua scripting, which is xml which is so far above me.

lol...

so...uh... wheres the orb?

a mod that makes a fight so easy already as it is even easier for those who are just there for the loot reaver to drop phat lewtz.

imo void reaver is a boss we can do without a deadly boss mod if everyone is paying attention.

ya but thats the problem not everyone is ALWAYS paying attention. sometimes u dont notice if u have an orb coming from the side cause u r looking at the boss or trying to remember what dumb hot key u made your trinket :D

i dont know why a dps needs to look at the boss...

or healers....

i dont look at the boss when im tanking...i look at my butt =)

even if teh mod was up to date with 2.3 , i couldnt use it unless you guys want me to have to stop healing while my screen is blue

It not even necessarily that they aren't paying attention.

One thing hit me hard last night, not everybody grasps everything. Even the stuff I consider easy, is not necessarily easy to everybody else. Last night I helped my son on one alegbra question (and Goblit helped him the whole afternoon) and it hit me, I may understand a negative multiplied by a negative is a positive, he didn't. Its an easy concept for me, not for him. He's not an idiot because math isn't as easy for him as it is for me. He needs a crutch to get through math just like people need a crutch to get through VR or any other instance.

Ultimately, if we are looking to succeed, whats the point in not encouraging people in not using what ever tools will help them and the group\raid\guild succeed? I may have the multiplication table to 12 memorized, I certainly didn't when I started to learn them and I used the chart for many years afterwards before I had them memorized.

Last edited:
even if teh mod was up to date with 2.3 , i couldnt use it unless you guys want me to have to stop healing while my screen is blue

Doesn't matter what you are doing. If you (or a neighbour) are the target of an orb, you run to the back wall, wait for the orb to explode and go back in. The idea is not to take the orb up the nose. The orb silences you (so for the next 5 seconds you are doing nothing anyway so you might as well have ran to the back wall) and causes you to take damage (which had you ran to the back wall, you wouldn't have taken), which forces some other healer to expend mana on you and not on the tank\dps groups.

it just tints the screen anyway, you can still see. But Aves is right, you dont heal when an orb is incoming, you turn and run

aves i should sent send u a PM with what i wanna say and have u say it! u explain stuff really well and show both sides. just wanted to say that :)
but ya i really like the idea cause even if u r paying attention staring at the same spot on the screen without looking away in fear of dying is painstaking.
the 2nd-3rd (maybe 4th i dont know ive been to all but 1 run of him) and each time u got a little more alert to those dumb little things but u never know! cause sometimes u get 3 in the same spot and all of a sudden your squashed on the ground

Solution: Go to Deadly Boss Mods Options (which everyone should have). Then to Additional options on Void Reaver. Make sure you turn on "Announce Sound when targeted" or something like that. It plays the Big Bad Wolf "Run away little girl" sound when you are targeted.

Solution 2 (to use with #1): Go to Interface Options and MAX OUT your Camera Distance. Zoom out and fight him that way then you get you see yourself and you neighbors.

Honestly if you dont see a Giant Ball being chucked at you or the people around you. There is something seriously wrong.

lol ya after doing VR again sincei havent in a long time i relized if u dont see a big ball of swirling death coming towards u need to get some glasses or pay more attention
like mordos said during raid if we cant the mechanics of these raids down higher content isn't going to happen

resto shaman works better @_@

i stood in for void reaver today, with no arcane resistance. just heal myself and the tank and shaman chain heal spam, easy as pie.

eats-ur-fambly.jpg

Back