UT2004 match against anti-Christian clan

kraniac

As I stated here, the UT2004 competition team has a TWL match against an anti-Christian clan. I would like prayer for two things:

1. That we beat them. I think God is usually disinterested from the outcome of contests and sporting events, but I think He probably cares about the outcome of this one.

2. That we are a good witness to them and we manage to get along without much friction. These guys, from their diction and ugly website, appear to be immature teenagers. It might be difficult to get along with them, and we want to have a good attitude and show these guys some Jesus.

Just wondering, why would you even bother playing a bunch of immature teenagers (apart from witnessing)? I mean, why even fuel their immaturity? If you win, they're going to get angry and spout off all sorts of nonsensical rubbish. If you lose, they're going to gloat and spout off all sorts of nonsensical rubbish. What are you trying to prove by winning?

kraniac said:
As I stated here, the UT2004 competition team has a TWL match against an anti-Christian clan. I would like prayer for two things:

Maxx, it is a league match and you do no always get to choose who you play against.

Good luck guys. If they truly are looking to start something then the best thing you can do is to not fuel the fire. Thank them for the game and if it is a close game, leave the door open to scrim against them some time.

Live the life, engaging them in conversation might be futile but you can set a good example of what ToJ and christians stand for.

rizz said:
Live the life, engaging them in conversation might be futile but you can set a good example of what ToJ and christians stand for.

agreed,CS

The match is about to start, it's at 9pm EST today.

ToJ-UT TDM chapter pwned both matches. Wooot. Thank you Lord. The other team accused them of cheating when they got beat fair and square. There is a demo recording in the ToJ UT chapter forums but you must have the UT 2004 game to view it.CS

Back