uBRS and ZG ...

Allanon

I am loving the fact we are filling out ZG nicely on a more consistent basis and making good progress there. I have noticed we are filling uBRS every single week, having to turn people aside. I am wondering what everyone's thoughts were regarding uBRS and whether we should consider doing ZG twice a week instead of once a week.

I have considered AQ20 in place of uBRS but we are simply not equipped to deal with AQ20 ... yet. Once we are able to get to Hakkar often, then I believe AQ20 becomes a real possibility. If ZG is too much for twice a week,should we consider two uBRS runs instead of one? This means splitting up our vets across two but that isn't so bad as often its one of them who volunteers to step aside for one of our more up and coming 60s. The advantage of two runs is more participation by more guildies and the other is our ability to gear people up faster.

So I wanted to put it out there and gather your collective thoughts on this subject. It does sadden me to see our guildies get turned down for inclusion on our uBRS runs so I am hoping we can come up with something that will promote more inclusion.

I personally would love to do uBRS since my rogue recently turned 60 and I have a priest that is on her way up at 54. My only issue would be what day the second run was on since Mon-Wed nights are out for me.

I would say there is still a lot of value in continuing with UBRS instead of jsut more ZG, as it gives opportunity to newer 60's to (1) get equipped to better handle ZG etc, and (2) provides a good space to get initial experience in raiding, but on a smaller/more managable scale than the 20-man runs. If we find we're turning a lot of players away for UBRS, I would love to see those get organized into a 2nd UBRS or even a 5-man strat/scholo/BRD/LBRS for the same kind of experience/gear. It seems like we have a huge 'batch' of players just coming into the high 50's and 60 and I think its important for those players to get oriented to raiding before they get tossed into ZG or AG-20 for a live fire test. Priests and tanks I can think of especially would benefit from getting 'eased' into the end-game style of play.

I agree that a 2nd run occuring concurrently would be more beneficial, if there is enough interest. On the nights that I have to work the next day, I don't mind stepping out, as I really dont' want to stay up late enough to finish runs, anyway...

I don't think that a 2nd ZG run would be that great - we'd end up doing the same bosses multiple times per week if we missed the reset... and if we get them in the same span, we'd get so many different bosses that it'd be hard to concentrate on one group making progress.

If we spread out our vets and do some balancing, I'm pretty sure we can do uBRS with 7 (as long as they are all 60s and a right class balance). The toughest is Drakk at the end. We seem to have some great healers and we have enough warriors. It would seem likely if we can get two warlocks, one for each run, to come, we have a good chance of running two.

I'd like to see multiple UBRS runs also. If I had once - just once - seen a successful UBRS pug then I'd lean more towards ZG. Since the chances of finding a group that can take on Drak are fairly slim and none I'd like to see those runs continue.

We certainly need to do something for those that are turned away. The newer 60s who are need upgraded gear, quests, etc, should have priority. Of course, veterans need to be included and the right class balance as well. One suggestion would be to take the "leftovers" into LBRS for key farming; I believe we really need more UBRS keys.

Long runs like ZG are no good for me during the week. I'm an old man that's an hour ahead of server time and I have to get up at 05:15 (can you here the violins playing?). That's the main reason I bailed out this past Monday. Between server crash and trying to find one replacement, it would have been way too late. Now, ZG on Saturday night would work for me...

In short, UBRS runs should be 1)balanced, 2) used to gear up our new 60s, 3)led by several vets. Take the remainder that don't get to join and farm LBRS for key gems, giving priority to whomever has the most gems in the raid.

I'd like to make a recommendation for our uBRS runs. Personally, I think 2 of them a week would be great. This will help us get the new lvl 60's a little better geared for ZG on Fridays.

What I would recommend is this. Since there are to many people atm for uBRS runs, if we have 2 per week, this would allow more people to go. BUT, there would be a catch. I'll use an example of Monday for the first uBRS run and Tuesday for the second. If you run on Monday and you obtain one of your class set pieces, you should pass on the Tuesday run to let someone else go to obtain their set piece. You can go on Tuesday however if the Tuesday run is missing a class that is needed, IE: tank, healer, etc. This would allow people who did not get to go on the Monday run, to participate in the Tuesday run. I'm not saying the runs have to be on Mon/Tues. I'm just using this as an example. So, if I run on the Monday night run and obtain my Magisters chest item, this would mean I am not going on the Tuesday run unless a mage is needed for whatever reason or if there are not enough people.

To help the guild out better as well, I think that for one month, we should do uBRS twice a week, and then ZG once a week. The next month, uBRS should be held to once a week, with ZG twice a week. This allows for a few things. Our new lvl 60's to be better equipped and get an idea of how raids/teamwork go. Then the following month, those better equipped people can go to ZG with more success. Eventually, we can swap out ZG, with AQ20. I just do not think we are ready for that yet. We need to concentrate on Nature Resist items before heading in there. Just my thought process though.

so we have some different ideas about the best way to use those 'extra' players, but it looks like the 2nd ZG run isnt heavily favored...at all... I dont think we need/want to lay out the "ULTIMATE PLAN FOR MONDAY NIGHT!!" in a way the absolutely requires certain things to happen. The UBRS run should proceed as usual, and after that its a matter of seeing how many 60's are still interested in doing something. If theres 11 ppl, then its just tough luck for one person. If we have 15-16 then we can look at splitting to smaller UBRS groups or whatever other ideas come up as far as instances.

As far as ZG and AQ20, my idea on that was keep running ZG til we get atleast to Hakkar, if not through him. Then start rotating with AQ20.

I realize I am not able to make many of these (but will be there the next two Mondays!! but here it is anyway.....

I think that it is great that LBRS is actually being run, even if it is by overflows from the UBRS run. For some reason, its rather difficult to get a LBRS run going, and this also gives the opportunity for some not quite there toons (like my 53 druid *grin*) an opportunity to run, assuming my hunter is not needed in UBRS of course. There is always the option of running a 2nd UBRS if we have enough show up that night. As a side note, I have yet to get my hunters shoulders from LBRS, even though I have some T1 gear *oops*, might be nice to complete that at some point, just 'cause.

On ZG, while friday nights dont work for me at the moment (coaching son's football team), in concept this REALLY appeals to me and I am so glad we are getting increasing guildies into this. Its a really fun instance, and I hope I can join you more soon. I look forward to the time following my fall commitments when I can join you in this, and later in AQ20 which I have only been in once! Keep up the good progression all, I will help when I can.

Just as an FYI, it doesn't look like there would be any way to avoid a ZG reset if we tried the Monday/Friday schedule. ZG resets every 3 days so if it resets on Monday it resets again on Thursday and Friday resets reset again on Monday morning. The raid schedule can be found here.

Back