Tribe of Judah fundraising goals discussion

If someone's willing to fund it, I'm not opposed to renting a UT2004 server for a month. After 3 weeks, we could evaluate whether we want to continue renting the server or not.

I'm not especially thrilled with GameServers.com right now (our TF2 server performance has been disappointing lately, but we're preparing to move to a new GS data center and try to resolve whatever issues are affecting the server), so I'd be open to renting from another company if the price was competitive.

If someone's willing to fund it, I'm not opposed to renting a UT2004 server for a month. After 3 weeks, we could evaluate whether we want to continue renting the server or not.

I will think on it... It is my favorite game of all time, and I really enjoy admining the server as well. Alas I highly doubt being a 9 year old game that it will draw enough activity to justify the time, energy and money. I think for now if we want to meet up there are plenty of empty servers we can use. if we meet regularly enough maybe i'll setup a server... who knows :confused:

I will think on it... It is my favorite game of all time, and I really enjoy admining the server as well. Alas I highly doubt being a 9 year old game that it will draw enough activity to justify the time, energy and money. I think for now if we want to meet up there are plenty of empty servers we can use. if we meet regularly enough maybe i'll setup a server... who knows :confused:

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to rent a server for a month?

Personally speaking, in the nearly two years I've been in ToJ, I haven't played a single game with you guys/gals here. This is mostly my fault, due to not really being an RPG'er, and not having any newer games. But still this looks like my first (maybe only?) chance to game with the fine folks here... and I'd like to avail myself of it.

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to rent a server for a month?

Personally speaking, in the nearly two years I've been in ToJ, I haven't played a single game with you guys/gals here. This is mostly my fault, due to not really being an RPG'er, and not having any newer games. But still this looks like my first (maybe only?) chance to game with the fine folks here... and I'd like to avail myself of it.

It costs $0.99/slot. Average server for DM is 10-12 slots. If you guys want a ut2004 server I will volunteer to admin it. I still have many of the old server mutators from the last time I ran one and there is still a free redirect. The encouraging thing is that there seems to be more peeps playing ut2004 on any given night than ut3... Sadly probably more than twice as many from what I've seen.

Last edited:
/bump

If you all want more ToJ game servers, post your requests in this thread!

/bump

If you all want more ToJ game servers, post your requests in this thread!

Instead of looking at games that are well past their prime, are there any games we as a community that we are looking for to playing that require a server?

New games generally suck... :p

Did I just say that?

...because it's generally true. The gameplay of most mainstream games today hasn't evolved much from their older predecessors at their core. They generally do have better production values but if you don't care about graphics, which I generally don't, rarely do you get something worth bumping up to them. Indie games are more original but are generally shorter affairs. Above all that though the morality imparted in most of today's games is worse than days gone by. It's not that older games were all that moral it's they couldn't say as much with lower budgets so they couldn't mess it up as often. It's also because video games were made for children back then and today are made for all audiences.

Last edited:
Two thoughts,

If using generally in a post were worth money, you'd be rich :)

I would opine that your last comment should be adjusted. I believe they are made mostly with non-discerning adults in mind, not all audiences.

Trying to find an engaging game that is not rated M is an exercise in futility (much less one that is not morally questionable independent of actual rating). Even the latest Batman game, where he kills nobody, is now rated M.

Two thoughts,

If using generally in a post were worth money, you'd be rich :)

I noticed but was to lazy to thesaurus a few alternates it XD :p.

I would opine that your last comment should be adjusted. I believe they are made mostly with non-discerning adults in mind, not all audiences.

Yes game audiences have shifted towards "I don't care adults" as a whole but there are still games made with children in mind. I suspect Mario is still pretty innocuous even if Nintendo has, like society, lowered it's standards over the years. Bayonetta /rolleyes.

Trying to find an engaging game that is not rated M is an exercise in futility (much less one that is not morally questionable independent of actual rating). Even the latest Batman game, where he kills nobody, is now rated M.
Yup and I also suspect it would be fairly easy to get a lower rating for most games. If it's anything like movies they'll chuck a couple of cuss words, or something sexual, in deliberately to get a higher rating. [sarcasm] You know you must have that mature rating because anything less is for kids. What you don't like it? Everyone else doesn't care what's wrong with you? [/sarcasm]. UGH the words still mean the same thing they did 20 years ago it's the people who've changed.

Last edited:
Back