Total Surprise

blsimpson

So, Saturday afternoon, my wife and I were lounging around, with some much needed down time as the kids watched Frozen for like the millionth time, and she turned to me and says "I've been thinking.. So, what current games out there are the most like Shadowbane?" (Some back story, When the MMO Shadowbane came out, or shortly after, we were married, with no kids, and we both used to play together, a lot. Once the kids came into the picture, she has all but dropped games completely, except a couple Facebook games..)

We got to talking about what was out there, and she asked which ones I had enjoyed. I told her there were only a couple that I still had accounts for, but havent logged in and played in a very long time, Guild Wars 2, and Neverwinter. What she then said totally surprised me. "Ive been wanting to get back into it, which one do you think I would like better?" My jaw dropped. You have know, she always rgs on me when I am "playing", saying I spend to much time gaming, (though to her, whenever I am on my computer, with a game open or not, I am "gaming"..)

We went through some game play videos of each, and had originally decided on Neverwinter, simply for the fact that it was completely free, but sadly they dont have a reliable way to play on a Mac, and she didnt want to have to reboot into Windows just to play a game. Luckily, Guild Wars 2 is on sale right now (50% off) so we picked it up for her for $24.99, got the client installed, and played well past Midnight on Saturday, and then again yesterday. She likes the fact that she "doesnt have to play with anyone else", and she can do her own thing, though she can team up if she wants to.

She wont admit she is hooked already, but I was the one who suggested we log out and get some sleep, and she said one more event. :D

Anyways, all that to say, I'm a pretty happy camper. :D

Back