ToJ UT2004 server rules

Hmmm, ask and it shall be given unto you. I think this will probably solve our swearing problems so we don't have to police. It even keeps tabs on who's typing what and assigns them a score depending on their behaviour, at least according to the documentation.

If someone can download it and try it out locally, save Plankeye some time researching it, that would be cool. I can't this week, I have to get ready to move on Saturday. :p

EDIT: ooo, here's an even better one, with even more varied admin control (rather than kick a user, you can also "freeze" them [can't move for a specified time], make them "vomit" [cough up all their ammo and weapons] or label them as Llamas [their screen name gets changed and they can't talk for a while]). However, it doesn't say anything about keeping a score like the one I mentioned above does.

umm i tried you have add stuff i tried i didnt add enough i am tired also you think you can do both cause there both mutators i dont know just a suggestion
biggrin.gif

I downloaded one of them and if i've read it correctly it's for the server side only. It won't work in single player mode. So if Plankeye is reading this maybe you can help us on this mod. If I could do it for you I would Plankeye. So I'll just try to be in the server to police it when I can until the mod gets up and running.
Also the next time some of us are playing together we need to try out the Admin commands to see if they are working properly or see if we can figure out how to use them ,.
biggrin.gif

Hmmm...right, you can't do it as single player, but you could create a listen server and try that out.

Not to make things harder but the mods need to work on linux too. I am working on setting up a small test server on a spare box on my network. It should allow me to test mutators before putting them on the server and potentially breaking it. But I am at the end of a semester and have a lot of school work to do. Some I am making no commitment on when I can actually work on the UT server some more. Just no free time.

Deal. Don't sweat it Plank Eye. We'll all be just fine using the vanilla admin with the vanilla map rotation. Just so long as she's up, that's all that really matters. Merci et bonne chance with your exams.

Wow, I had no idea that Mutators had "platform" issues. I thought every iteration of UT was the same, all running the same "flavour" of UnrealScript, but I guess it's more complex than that.

Then again, these *are* server mutators and there are very few serious windows servers out there; I would assume most of the servers are Linux. Mutator writers would try to make sure they work on that platform at least...

I digress...for now, we're not going to touch it. Thanks for your time and effort Plank, much appreciated.

Back