Time-Lost Proto Drake

direpath

So last night I popped on before bed to wrap up my ToC dailies in Northrend and continue to process of buying back some of the mounts that don't translate over with a faction change. I was heading for the last quest in Storm Peaks where you have to capture snobolds. As I crossed over the border, I saw a big green drake flying slower than I would expect from a player. I did not hear my NPCScan go off so I panned towards it and moused over it to identify it.

Time-Lost Proto Drake.

This rarest of rares was slowly meandering through the sky as I sat on my Gryphon, somewhat stunned. I immediately started towards it. It was not a fast mover but I felt like I was moving through molasses. I had no idea if someone else was also swooping in for the kill. I didn't know if I would one shot it or not, so I followed it to a nearby hill and flung Judgement at it. It collapsed immediately and started sparkling. I looked around to see if anyone else was about and I was it. Good. I didn't just swoop in and steal some poor guys kill.

I looted the drake and saw the purple text of the reins to summon it drop into my bag. I think I sat there somewhat shaking at the ridiculous turn of events. I can't remember the last time a game made me all shaky in real life, but it was exciting. I was by no means a camper of this rare mount, but I had spent a fair amount of time drifting through Storm Peaks on patrol for it. What a stupendous moment of luck I just had.

I learned it and looked at my mount count. 144. I think I am still missing 2 PvP and 3 ToC mounts (that dont translate over in the faction change for some reason). Just to check, I went over to my old horde character and updated the achievement count (since that toon is not "missing" any but would register the new mount). 149. One more to go then the grind to 200 begins.

What a night...

Major congrats on that. I have a friend who spent hours upon hours, days upon days, weeks upon weeks trying to get that mount.

Back