This is no game so who do you think you are?

Before you are born again you are spiritually dead in other words your spirit is dead because of the sin factor.

When one is born of God their spirit now has eternal life. That person is immortal in his spirit through faith in Jesus Christ, His name is recorded in the book of Life. Satan cannot touch that spirit.

Even though the man born of God now has eternal life his mortal body can still be attacked by Satan. Satan can only attack the physical body. the flesh. He does that in order to discourage the faith we have in Christ but God turns his attack around on him and we become stronger in our reliance in God.
We recieve a greater blessing out of it.

But those who seek Him in His word grow strong and no matter what comes to their flesh their eyes are fixed on Jesus and the word of God resides in their hearts and they are not swayed by such circumstances that Satan may bring.

As there is a book of Life [Phil.4:3; Rev.3:5; 20:12,15; 21:27]. I can only assume there is a book of the Dead as well. Rev.20:12 mentions the word books and goes on to say that another book was opened, which is the book of life.

First, you didn't address the point about Satan touching you. Bottom line is you said something, then backtracked and changed what you said. If you were wrong, then say so. If you didn't make your statement correctly the first time, then say so. But don't dance around the issues presented to you.

Second, let's discuss this..."Before you are born again you are spiritually dead in other words your spirit is dead because of the sin factor."

Is there a biblical basis for this or is this your opinion?

What's the point in having a spirit if it's born dead within us?

Why not be granted the spirit when we accept Christ?

Before you are born again you are spiritually dead in other words your spirit is dead because of the sin factor.

When one is born of God their spirit now has eternal life. That person is immortal in his spirit through faith in Jesus Christ, His name is recorded in the book of Life. Satan cannot touch that spirit.

Even though the man born of God now has eternal life his mortal body can still be attacked by Satan. Satan can only attack the physical body. the flesh. He does that in order to discourage the faith we have in Christ but God turns his attack around on him and we become stronger in our reliance in God.
We recieve a greater blessing out of it.

But those who seek Him in His word grow strong and no matter what comes to their flesh their eyes are fixed on Jesus and the word of God resides in their hearts and they are not swayed by such circumstances that Satan may bring.

As there is a book of Life [Phil.4:3; Rev.3:5; 20:12,15; 21:27]. I can only assume there is a book of the Dead as well. Rev.20:12 mentions the word books and goes on to say that another book was opened, which is the book of life.

All souls are immortal, only the Spirit of God is eternal :)
And He gives us His eternal Life in Christ Jesus
Eternal Life=no beginning and no end :D

Satan can attack anything that is not of God..
He can attack a body or a soul that is not submitted to the Authority of Christ Jesus!

Romans 8:10
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

And the evil one has no part in Christ!
Therefore he cannot touch us (In Christ)

First, you didn't address the point about Satan touching you. Bottom line is you said something, then backtracked and changed what you said. If you were wrong, then say so. If you didn't make your statement correctly the first time, then say so. But don't dance around the issues presented to you.

Second, let's discuss this..."Before you are born again you are spiritually dead in other words your spirit is dead because of the sin factor."

Is there a biblical basis for this or is this your opinion?

What's the point in having a spirit if it's born dead within us?

Why not be granted the spirit when we accept Christ?

I've said what needed to be addressed to your query if you have lack of understanding thats not my problem. I'm done here.

All souls are immortal, only the Spirit of God is eternal :)
And He gives us His eternal Life in Christ Jesus
Eternal Life=no beginning and no end :D

Satan can attack anything that is not of God..
He can attack a body or a soul that is not submitted to the Authority of Christ Jesus!

And the evil one has no part in Christ!
Therefore he cannot touch us (In Christ)

You know quite honestly Zeena that may be what you believe and thats fine.

I have spoken from my heart from the Spirit of Truth that resides within me and thats what I believe. :)

Last edited:
So how do you explain bad things that happen to Christians? Murder, illness, pain, suffering, etc?
If you asking if a Christian suffers because of the penalty of sin or not..
John 9:1-3
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Otherwise..
Jesus suffered much :)
Mark 8:31
And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
But it was God Allmighty dealing the blows :D
Isaiah 53:10
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him;He hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Colossians 1:21-29
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together.

So how do you explain bad things that happen to Christians? Murder, illness, pain, suffering, etc?

Simple. We all have free will. We can each make our own decisions about everything we do. Not just Christians, but the non-believers. So if a person decides to drive down the street with an uzi mowing down people... and I happen to be standing there... I'm an innocent bystander. Murder? Check.

illness? pain? suffering? Hey, nobody ever said life was easy. Sometimes the devil breaks in and makes bad things happen. Can God use it for good? Sure. A few weeks ago, I was injured at work because of my own carelessness. I see others doing the exact same thing I did. So I now have a choice - educate others around me to the dangers of said action, or I can just go about my day and hope nobody else gets hurt. Oddly, a few days before my injury, our crew got together and decided we were going to start handling some training internally and asked what I'd like to teach others about. I had no idea what I was going to do until after I was hurt.

I think that I was injured, and God actually lined things up for me that I'm going to now pass along my knowledge to my coworkers.

Simple. We all have free will. We can each make our own decisions about everything we do. Not just Christians, but the non-believers. So if a person decides to drive down the street with an uzi mowing down people... and I happen to be standing there... I'm an innocent bystander. Murder? Check.

illness? pain? suffering? Hey, nobody ever said life was easy. Sometimes the devil breaks in and makes bad things happen. Can God use it for good? Sure. A few weeks ago, I was injured at work because of my own carelessness. I see others doing the exact same thing I did. So I now have a choice - educate others around me to the dangers of said action, or I can just go about my day and hope nobody else gets hurt. Oddly, a few days before my injury, our crew got together and decided we were going to start handling some training internally and asked what I'd like to teach others about. I had no idea what I was going to do until after I was hurt.

I think that I was injured, and God actually lined things up for me that I'm going to now pass along my knowledge to my coworkers.

After reading your post these scripture verses from 2 Cor. 1:3-11 reminded me of what you are saying here. Bless you!:)

Back