The winter 2017 stomach bug

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So my younger daughter recently started acting a little punky--tired, lethargic, cranky, refusing food. Then she returned the food she had eaten. On the tray of her high chair. :/

She had 2 more episodes, but she's on the mend.

Yesterday evening, my older daughter started feeling punky. And then had an episode of her own at approximately 5:30 a.m. this morning.

So I'm home from work taking care of her now. She's drunk a lot of juice, rested on the couch, and watched me play Pikmin 3 for a few hours (her request, mind you). She just finished most of a cup of applesauce and asked that I pick up where I left off in Shantae: Risky's Revenge. But when I turned the TV on, Bob Ross was on and she asked to watch the remainder of the show first. I <3 this kid.

Anyway, please pray that she'll make a speedy recovery. Please also pray, no matter how unlikely it may seem in natural terms, that @Ember and I will dodge this completely. I understand the odds are not in our favor since we cuddle our kids when they're sick (hey, we're not made of stone, y'know!), but there's never a good time for either of us to miss work or leave us unable to work on the house.

I can't tell you how many times my kids have been sick, then my wife and I shortly after. It's a fact of life, it's horrible, but she'll get through it. All you can do is comfort her, and trust me when I say all parents don't understand how resilient children are at first.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Prayed for you now. Key is right kids have a tendency to bounce back without looking back, adults are the malingerers. Hugs are good medicine, terrible for the well person, but not to be skipped.

Back