The Two-edged Sword

Jeshurun

Once upon a time in land close to heaven lived a man named Jeshurun. He loved God and hated the evil that was in the world.

Many many times he would ignore those whose hearts were evil. For God had spoken to him and said "Vengeance is mine".

But still he was troubled by the evils of the world and wanted to help God in His task.

Many times he would ask God if he could help him.

So God put Him into a deep sleep and gave him a dream.

The next morning when he woke, he remembered the dream and in it he was led by a being brighter than 10,000 suns to a mountain. At the top of the mountain was a very tall cedar tree and the being pointed to something under the tree. But before he could see what it was he woke up.

Then he said to himself I know of this place and so he went there. There was the tree and under it he found a long straight package with the words "To Jeshurun the upright one, Love God."

Jeshurun quickly opened it and inside was a note and a two-edged sword like he had never seen before. The note said "Go forth and be not afraid for I Am with you always".

The sword was covered with words of Truth. On the handle was a triangle with a cross in the centre of it and at the base of the handle was the symbol of Alpha & Omega. Above the handle was written "WORD OF GOD".

The Truth was written all over the entire blade and it was sharper than any two-edged sword. At the tip of the sword was one bold word, " JESUS "

As He came down the mountain praising God for this most precious gift he could see in the distance many others with a similiar sword.

When he reached the bottom they were all there and they to had this wonderful gift of God.

At the base of the mountain of God they knelt and prayed these words to Him, " You have given us the Sword of the Spirit to wage a war for life eternal. Lord come and have your way in us. Help us as we use your sword of truth to cut the bonds of your enemies that have led your chosen ones astray."

And so Jeshurun and his friends went forth and the battle for life eternal raged. Many were saved but many more were lost.

The Lord became King in Jeshurun forever as well as many others due to that wonderful gift.

This Sword of Truth is still to this day piercing the hearts of men and Jeshurun and his friends continue fighting the good fight to this day to the Glory of God their Savior forever.

Last edited:
The above story was just that a story.
I used it as an example of the the greatest gift God has given us.
That being His only begotten son, Jesus Christ.

I just wanted to say that Jesus Christ is not a season.
He is the Season with good reason.

And the reason we give gifts is to honor God for He gave us Jesus and it is through him that we have eternal life.

God thank You for Jesus and eternal life and thank You for the example of "It is better to give than to recieve."

Happy birthday to my Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST
:)

Last edited:
Also let us not forget that Jesus GAVE his life so that we may have eternal life and let us not forget the gift of the Holy Spirit that was also given to us.

Yes we celebrate the Lord's birthday but lets look at the example the Lord God gave us- again " It is better to give than to recieve".

Let us become givers in all things so that we may honor the Lord God our Savior because its the right thing to do and it is part of His Way. The WAY of LOVE for God is Love.

1 John 5:11-12 "And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life."
:D

Last edited:
Back