The .cc part of our tag

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
What does it stand for? Tribe Of Judah.Christian Clan? I've been asked a few times and on the Fish server, but I could only tell them the toj part. :p

EDIT: Meant to put our instead of out. Whoops. MRPHHHMMMRHAHAHA

What does it stand for? Tribe Of Judah.Christian Clan? I've been asked a few times and on the Fish server, but I could only tell them the toj part. :p
It's the URL for our web site minus the www.
EDIT: Meant to put our instead of out. Whoops. MRPHHHMMMRHAHAHA
Fixed.

Strangely enough ".cc" is the domain suffix for the Cocos Islands. Not really sure why that is our website, but it is.

I believe .com, .net and .org had already been snapped up, and .cc was still available. I think at one point Tek referred to the cc as "command center"? Think that was a holdover from the Starcraft days. :)

Strangely enough ".cc" is the domain suffix for the Cocos Islands. Not really sure why that is our website, but it is.
That is correct sir.

Read this for more information.

There used to be a page on the .cc registrar site that explained that the Cocos Islands leased the domain name to a corporation, who in turn sold .cc domains names to clients.
I believe .com, .net and .org had already been snapped up, and .cc was still available. I think at one point Tek referred to the cc as "command center"? Think that was a holdover from the Starcraft days. :)
Also true.

When I was bummed about not being able to find a .com, .net, or .org domain name, Elihu told me, "Think of .cc as 'command center.'" And it stuck.

Well, in my mind, anyway.

Back