Teamspeak to Mumble to Teamspeak3

eraserhead17

Tribe of Judah League of Legends Chapter Leader
Please note the following from CGA/ToJ Admin to all gamers:

"We've decided to close down the CGA TeamSpeak 3 server at the end of June ...

Please direct your chapter and guild members to this thread for CGA Mumble Server info and this thread for Mumble troubleshooting."

Please use discretion when inviting nonToJ-ers into the servers. I am keenly aware that many do not share the same control of the tongue that we as Christians are supposed to be working on. And as this is supposed to be a family friendly arena, we need to keep it clean...
Thx!

Oh No! but i love ts 3! T.T Why are we changing to mumble? I thought our ts 3 server was great!

Mumble represents our best chance at One Voice Chat Server to Rule Them All. That's why I made the executive decision--after consulting CGA staff, including CGA affiliate leaders--to close down the CGA TS3 Server as to not split the voice chat users between two servers.

Put another way: Having one and only one CGA voice chat server gives us a better chance of building a larger and more active real-time community of Christian gamers--a goal that I've been passionate about for years but one where we've made less progress so far than I had hoped for.

Personally, I spent more hours than I care to remember working on the initial TS3 install and later trying to fix the permissions. TS3 is excellent from an end-user perspective, but an absolute nightmare from a server operator viewpoint. Then again, so is Mumble (on both counts: easy for the end user, a royal headache for the server op), but that's a separate bank of hours of frustration.

Last edited:
The Christian Gamers Alliance Mumble Server is now offline.

Back