TeamSpeak Server is up and running ...

Allanon

Snag the Windows Client here

Server name: ts.theforgiven.net

Install it, fire it up and click the Connection-Connect menu item. Enter your in-game character name as the "Nickname" and select the "Anonymous" radio button. You should see a channel listed called "The Forgiven - Terenas" double click it and it will move you into that channel. Talk away :)

Last edited:
Just a follow up note to say I encourage everyone who plays with us on Terenas to join us on TS. It really is the cornerstone of the fellowship we have every night. There are several "channels" for raid instances and we can add others like John's and Christi's love channel - you'll have to ask about that one ;-)

For anyone that is new to TF and have been wondering about this Team Speak thing, it is definately worth it! Just bought a set of headphones w/microphone, downloaded and installed TS. Really makes a difference in gameplay, especially when grouped/raiding/questing. I am a slow typer so that never worked so well for me. Click the middle mouse button and talk...that rocks. I was just at BestBuy (no indorsement intended) and you could get an inexpensive set for $20.

The codec is set by the channel you are in. The codec you choose in your preferences in TeamSpeak is only for recording and playback locally to test your mic volume. BTW, CELP 5.1 sounds like a robot licking a band saw.

speex is he best codec both from bandwidth usage and cpu usage and quality standpoint. use something like speex 12k or higher..:)

This post needs updated with new information about the TS3 server.

Interesting note - TS3 also has an updater built in, so you can get the newest version without having to do new downloads and manual installs.

Back