Sunday, December 20, 2009: 1st Corinthians 13:4-13

cgdoc519

Christian Gamers Alliance Staff Manager
Love

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Corinthians was written by Paul the Apostle to the church of Corinth during a time when the church was torn by sexual immorality, cliques and abuse of spiritual gifts. A church that struggled with true love. There is so much biblical emphasis put on love, its crucial. A quick search through my bible study software came up with 503 verses with the word love in it! Thats why God sent his only son, because he loves us. If we analyze ourselves, and are truthful we can all admit that we have fallen short of showing true love. As a matter of fact its impossible for us to do all the time. But thats not the point. God has given us, through Paul, a beautiful description of what perfect love, agape love, looks like. Faith enables us to come to God but love enables us to imitate him.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

May you have a wonderful Sunday

God Bless

*edit: I know this is the "verse" of the day. I just can't take one scripture out of this passage. They all go together :D

Last edited:
wow thats super awesome. i was walking and talking to God about a situation and He's like, just love, atown, just love. and then i hop online and see this. epicness :)

No worries about posting more than one verse. We do it all the time.

Welcome to the Verse of the day. :D

Excellent verses for a Sunday before Christmas. :D

Back