Sunday April 26th, 2009 Wounded friends.

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Proverbs 27:6 said:
6. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

It is actually quite interesting how this verse came to me this week. I was actually talking to someone who a while back randomly IMed me. He saw my Eskimo Pie name somewhere I guess and decided he wanted to chat.

He is a deeply troubled guy and has man issues (I wont go into it here because that is not what we are about. :D ) However, he was complaining to me about a lot of his friends and so, not having my Bible sitting right next to me, I pulled up Crosswalk.com and typed in a search for FRIEND in the Bible. Well this verse popped up as well as a lot of others. :) (Gotta love having a search engine for the Bible. I'm terrible with remembering where the verse is located.)

ANYWAY, I started sending him advice straight from Proverbs about friends, minus the chapter and verse parts. He responded with things like "Wow, that's good advice" or "I never thought of that, you sure give good advice." When I told him the advice wasn't from me, I was just copying and pasting it out of the Bible he, well he was surprised. He asked me where in the Bible things like that were found and I was more than happy to point them out. to the point I challenged him to read 1 chapter of Proverbs every day for a month! He said he doesn't own a Bible so I pointed him towards an online one (After I offered to send him mine, he refused) He says he would think about it, which is fantastic! :D

Just thought to share. Now onto the actual verse thing. Basically, what this verse is saying is that friends are not there just to help you when times are good. Friends are there to help keep you on the right path. A wound is sometimes needed in order to remove the bad that we have allowed to creep into our life.

Also, I apologize for missing yesterday, I got caught up in some other stuff and didn't even think about it till this morning...

Yeah - well - there are a lot of people who think witnessing is beating someone repeatedly about the head and shoulders with a big black study Bible until they say yes to Jesus. Actually sharing in love and bringing it back to Christ - that is what witnessing is.

So keep sharing.

Yeah - well - there are a lot of people who think witnessing is beating someone repeatedly about the head and shoulders with a big black study Bible until they say yes to Jesus. Actually sharing in love and bringing it back to Christ - that is what witnessing is.

So keep sharing.

I shall do so.

Back