suggestion: creaturebox server mod

isutmase

This is my favorite feature on another server I play on occasionally.

it's so nice to be rewarded for conquering a spawner in a dungeon. I would REALLY appreciate it if you would consider adding this to the TOJ server. Here is the link:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...ves-and-monsters-and-critters-oh-my-684.6856/

I also have see stargate function exceptionally well on the server that implements creaturebox, I understand TOJ has not found stargate to work so well, but please consider it again as well.

Thank you and God Bless

The plugin is [inactive] meaning he hasn't updated it in awhile or he isn't working on it anymore..
But the good news is Spathizilla is now the caretaker of the plugin, so here's the updated version.
And I can install it if you guys want it.

Wow! This would be way better than lava for griefing... imagine filling the spawn with creeper spawners! or finding someone's bed you don't like and putting an archer spawner just outside their door. Filling some's house or the Spawn with farlander spawners would be endless laughs.

On the other side of the coin you could make farms with pig or chicken spawner and a convenient trap. infinite pork chops and cooked chicken!

bump

I don't think that anyone use it for griefing as that would result in a quick ban. I personally like to be able to loot skeleton and creeper drops. It's pretty nice the machines you can make for looting.

Also, I would recommend that not all settings and creatures that you can spawn with this plugin be actually allowed on the server.

How does something like this get approved to a point of install on the server?

I would've liked more people to notice it first and get their opinions before I installed the plugin, oh well..
It's installed now.

I wish more people noticed too, but thanks for the install Gator.

Anyone reading this thread, creaturebox is amazing so find spawners, build mob traps and start looting some mob, it's fun.

Tip, applying charged redstone to the spawner keeps things from spawning out of it. That will save you if you want to spawn creepers or skel in your trap.

I just finished building a mob farm on my private server, so it'll be fun to try it here with a creature spawner. Maybe I can even build it smaller...the other one took forever.

Gator,

Plugin is not working... I had a spawner that I had conquered but was waiting until this pluggin had been installed to break it. I took my D pick to it and ended up breaking the spawner, but no spawner drop. So, the first feature of this pluggin is not working:

When a creature spawner is broken, it is dropped as an item.

not sure what the issue is with this... could you let me know if there is a reason and/or fix for this issue? And if there is any way to get my spawner I broke in my inventory?

Thanks!

Sorry about that..
I forgot to edit it's config file and change player permissions ;)
It should be working in about 5 minutes..

Last edited:
gator, I know you are getting tired of me, but I do have one last request with the permissions on this pluggin, I don't mind being restricted to the standard mob from MC, but it would be really nice if you could allow player access to the "/creaturebox set" command, that was if I get a spider spawner, I can change it to a skeleton spawner. They have some funky things you can spawn with this plugin, but I would just want the standard MC mob types that I could set (pig, chicken, sheep, cow, zombie, skeleton, creeper, spider, etc.).

Your call, and again, I REALLY appreciate you installing this, I'm excited to start looting once the water issue is solved.

Thanks!

Wow. You know, I just realized that I have 2 spawners saved up. I'm going to see if I can go nab them soon as I get home! What an awesome idea!

Back