StreetPass games

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So we may have to rename "Tek's Law of Frugality." I caved and dropped $15 on the SteetPass game bundle.

/me hangs head in shame

But I am enjoying the games. And National StreetPass Weekend. And StreetPass Relay. I'm enjoying StreetPass much more than I had anticipated.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised; I really liked the concept behind Dragon Quest IX map exchanges, which is what helped inspire StreetPass functionality in the 3DS.

So who else succumbed to the siren call of StreetPass and bought some or all of the StreetPass games?

Me! I bought Monster Manor,and will probably end up buying the rest of them,as I am really enjoying the one I have.

I have them. It's really fun, but the people I streetpass don't have the games so I don't get the extra benefits such as teaming up with them in Monster Manor or fighting them in Warrior's Way.

Wait, there is a bundle? I'd be all over that! THere is a lot of street pass stuffz in my area, and I heard at least 2 of the 4 are decent.

Monster Manor is, IMO, the best of the bunch.

Flower Town is relaxing, but I keep wishing I could skip the introduction chatter every time I load the game. Nintendo could patch this to allow faster text skipping and it would really help. Still, the game is a nice change of pace.

Mii Force is really fun while you're playing through levels the first or even second time, but it takes longer to "spend" StreetPass tags in Mii Force than any other game. So if you just picked up 6 tags from a Relay and want to play through them quickly, Mii Force may hold you up.

Warrior's Way starts out really strong...then starts to wear out quickly if you don't have many people in your area who also bought the game. You'll still acquire more warriors for your army, but you'll only receive as many warriors as the folks you tag in StreetPass have StreetPass tags. So say a random person you StreetPass has 100 tags, you would get 100 soldiers. Unfortunately, it can take 30,000+ soldiers to clear battles as early as the 8th or 9th stage. Now if you StreetPass someone who also has the game AND has a smaller army than yours AND if you defeat them, you get most or all of their soldiers. I've picked up ~5,000 soldiers in a battle before. But then you might meet someone who has an army of 9,999,999 and you get zero dudes. It's really cool in theory, but in practice, it hasn't really held my attention.

Monster Manor is definitely the best of the bunch, but Mii Force and, to a lesser extent, Flower Town are also solid games with a few quibbles.

EDIT: And yes, there is a bundle. :) Buy all 4 games for $15 or each game for $5.

Back