Split-screen games

I just got my PS3 and I love it. Sadly, I don't have any split-screen games I can play with my friends (Bundle Pack included Killzone 2 and MGS4). So I was wondering if you could suggest some games with Split-screen. I'm looking mainly for something with Death match (think Halo).

I was looking at R:FoM for split-screen. My friend and I would always play Halo 2 when he came over, but since I got the PS3, I don't wanna touch my Xbox lol. So what I'm asking is, does it have a good vs. mode and is the co-op any good?

I'm also looking at LittleBigPlanet, but my when my friend comes over we only really play video games, and I wouldn't want to buy something we can beat in one night.

Anyways, thanks for any help! Once I can figure out how to get PSN to work (manual doesn't help, I need to get my router to work) I'll send out my PSN name.

LBP you can do same screen co-op.

There's really not a whole lot of options for splitscreen co-op these days, developers don't want to spend the money on it.

Resistance has some cool co-op, though I've yet to try it the offline multiplayer yet. There's CoD:World at War which has both co-op and splitscreen, and the new free patch for Unreal Tournament 3 has co-op and still has offline multiplayer (I think, would have to research that more). Other split screen games would be Motorstorm Pacific Rift then there's that Sonic Genesis Collection that has plenty of 2-player games.

And yeah, I don't wanna play on my 360 either. xD

And yeah, I don't wanna play on my 360 either. xD
Well, if it's just collecting dust, I could use a machine to play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD online. :D

I kid, of course. I'm guessing there's something you still play on the 360 with some frequency.

Well, if it's just collecting dust, I could use a machine to play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD online. :D

I kid, of course. I'm guessing there's something you still play on the 360 with some frequency.

I wouldn't mind sending it to you for cheap, but let's just say the shipping alone would cost an arm, a leg, and 3 kidneys. But then you couldn't play soccer without those. :p I only play Rock Band 2 here and there on it, but otherwise... it's plagued. :p

OH!

Warhawk! Warhawk has split screen. It kinda sucks on my tv though, but if you have a widescreen TV I'd imagine it's not too bad.

Wicked fun game too.

I wouldn't mind sending it to you for cheap, but let's just say the shipping alone would cost an arm, a leg, and 3 kidneys.
Plus the cost of games. And a second controller. And any peripherals.

I already have four consoles (Wii, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Playstation) hooked up to my TV, two portables (DS Lite and Gameboy Advance SP Retro), and a somewhat beefy notebook computer. The Wii also serves as a Gamecube, as well as several other systems (thanks to the Virtual Console).

I'm good for a long time to come without a Xbox 360 or PS3. :) Still, if I were to win one in a contest or receive one as a gift, I would still be excited.

Resistance 2 supports split-screen in both its online co-op and competitive modes.

EDIT: Resident Evil 5 also has split-screen support as well.

Last edited:
ya, definitely Warhawk. Just remember you still have to be online or just play lan/by yourselves. no bots sadly.
LBP is also the greatest game ever. BUY IT NOW!

lbp is a HARD HARD GAME!!!! You will NOT beat it in one night... Lol XD anywayssss.... Resistance fall of man is good, but resistance 2 is MUCH better I would honestly like... Recommend saving for R2 instead... I can't think of any other good split screen games besides codwaw... But if I can think of any I will try to post again!

Back