Spirituality

PapaToad

An interesting comment brought forth by LOJ. Now I am not attacking anyone here. But I was wondering if we as Christian can hyper spiritualize spirituality? We as Christians believe in a spirit realm. How does one go about being too spiritual.

Originally Posted by LionOfJudah
in todays society deconstructionism is rampant and where we do not deconstruct we hyper spiritilize

I am inquiring; I am not attacking one view point or another. I just am very confused by this comment. How we as a society hyper spiritualize a spiritual realm? IMO society plays spirituality. But they do not really understand how it affects their everyday life.

I find myself a very spiritual person insofar as I constantly try to be aware of the spiritual realities around me. I pray and strive to be the kind of person the Lord Jesus Christ calls me to be. I find it sad when Christians ignore the reality of the spiritual realms.

If our focus is on God and we express the greatest commandant, and we do our best to further the Great commission, is this not a Spiritual battle we wage? And it is a Spiritual battle; how can we hyper spiritualized then?? that makes no sense to me. I am very vexed by the comment?

So how does one Hyper Spiritualize?
And how are we aware we are doing so?
And what is wrong with being aware and participating in the Spiritual war, As long as the we are praying and repenting and continually seeking God?

Finally this is not an attack but a question I put forth.

God Bless you all

Last edited:
Back