So what's everyone playing these days?

Been on Steam lately playing Baldur's Gate, Banished, along with a few others. SWTOR calls me back for dailies once in a while. Decided yesterday to load up TESO. Played during Beta but I'm just now getting into that one.

SMITE is currently my jam (pulled a quadrakill with Thor last night, and quickly--but not quickly enough--finished off the last surviving opponent for a not-technically-a-pentakill-but-still-basically-a-pentakill). And Hearthstone. GW2 is kinda off the wagon again. I'm back to where I was last time I quit playing. I feel like I'm choosing to continue playing and investing time rather than being beckoned by the game to return.

SWTOR. I've tried getting into other games but I keep going back to SWTOR.
Update to my previous post... I finally got into GW2 full time and loving it! I'm probably going to end my swtor subscription as a result. As an alt-a-holic and crafting addict, it'll take me a while to get my other GW2 toons up to 80 and max out crafting. I'm really enjoying the WvW style of PvP. I'm usually not a fan of PvP, but in a zerg it's a lot of fun!

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a long time, but just hopped on today to see what's happening in ToJ these days. When I saw this topic and the games listed, I realized that I've been out of the gaming world much longer than I thought; I hardly recognize any of the games listed, lol. Ever since I quit playing TF2, I played League of Legends quite a bit, then ever since I've continued to hack away at World of Tanks and am still enjoying it after many, many months playing it.

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a long time, but just hopped on today to see what's happening in ToJ these days. When I saw this topic and the games listed, I realized that I've been out of the gaming world much longer than I thought; I hardly recognize any of the games listed, lol. Ever since I quit playing TF2, I played League of Legends quite a bit, then ever since I've continued to hack away at World of Tanks and am still enjoying it after many, many months playing it.

Hi Luvdiscgolf good to see you :) . In the absence of a popular new game not much has been happening on the Toj front. We still TF2 but server attendance has been extremely dead our last couple Tuesdays. On my friends list I see some Toj playing Dota 2 and Civilization V occasionally. SW:TOR gets some activity on the forums and some people are getting ready to try out Archeage but there is no unifying game out now IMHO. Just slow times with lots of people dealing with school and RL.

Got a PS4, playing a lot of Destiny (with one of my bros), Resogun, and Tomb Raider. Gonna hop into Wolfenstien and AC4 Black Flag in about a week.

Picked up Shadow of Mordor yesterday and probably put a good 4 hours into it (since the wife was away). So far it has really enjoyable gameplay although it isn't something I can allow the kids to watch unless I want to give them nightmares of hideous orcs and heads being separated from their bodies.

Well, if you like 90s type arcade brawlers, you should try Dungeon Fighter Online. Its an MMO where the graphics and gameplay are meant to emulate the games that I shoved quarters into when I was a little kid.

Been playing Destiny (PS3) and Android games almost exclusively. Actually like Star Wars Galactic Defense, but Monster Strike is my go to right now. Same collect-and-evolve thing that's all over the Google Play store, but the ricochet marbles-meets-arcade-shooter-power-ups gameplay is quick and enjoyable. Not quite Puzzle and Dragons, but needing little time to get in for my daily stuff is in its favor.

...also playing P&D. >.>

Well, if you like 90s type arcade brawlers, you should try Dungeon Fighter Online. Its an MMO where the graphics and gameplay are meant to emulate the games that I shoved quarters into when I was a little kid.
I'm wary of any free-to-play PC game that uses a client other than Steam (and, frankly, I'm wary of most of the F2P games on Steam, too). I don't want to grow into a gaming curmudgeon, but if it's not on Steam or Desura, I usually skip it because I don't want to deal with another client. About the only exceptions to that rule are Minecraft and Blizzard games.

Buuut I do love me some 90s brawlers, so maybe I'll do a quick bit of research, see if the launcher has any malware tacked on (which it probably doesn't, but I'm paranoid), and perhaps give it a whirl one of these days.

Been playing Destiny (PS3) and Android games almost exclusively. Actually like Star Wars Galactic Defense, but Monster Strike is my go to right now. Same collect-and-evolve thing that's all over the Google Play store, but the ricochet marbles-meets-arcade-shooter-power-ups gameplay is quick and enjoyable. Not quite Puzzle and Dragons, but needing little time to get in for my daily stuff is in its favor.

...also playing P&D. >.>
You can't say I didn't warn you about PAD!

I had the Japanese version of Monster Strike on my iPhone 4S (which I bought super cheap at the time, enabled Airplane Mode, then enabled wifi), but the case (and, more specifically, its raised edges) made it difficult to play the game.

The Android version of Monster Strike requires Location permissions, so that's right out. As nefarious as PAD may be in terms of potential addiction, at least its required permissions are reasonable. Why does a game need to know my exact location?

/tinfoilhat

After much reflection (...or just chatting with a friend), I think I'm gonna be done playing imitations.

So, out go most of my f2p Android games that are attempts to be like Pokemon; I'm just dusting off my 2DS and playing Pokemon. Same with Final Fantasy Tactics.

Also, just re-subbed to WoW. :D

Back