So what's everyone playing these days?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Single-player, multiplayer, PC, console, mobile--doesn't matter.

Tell us what you've been playing lately!

I'll go first: I've been spending more time than I care to admit playing Puzzle & Dragons, but I think I'm about burnt out on the game. I really like the puzzle gameplay, but leveling characters is abysmally slow (especially for players like me who like to run multiple teams for specific purposes) and the energy system is obnoxious. Puzzle game: Good. Free-to-play mechanics: Bad. I plan to pick up Puzzle & Dragons Z for the 3DS when it's released in North America because I <3 good puzzle games but I want to just buy the game once and be done with it.

Side note: I haven't spent a single cent on PAD and I don't intend to as the Rare Egg Machine is a stinkin' slot machine. It even looks like one. I do NOT recommend this game to anyone. If you're a puzzle fanatic, just buy a 3DS if you don't already have one--and WHY would you not already have one? :)--and get PAD Z when it comes out.

I also recently finished Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and, like a really good book, I really enjoyed the last section but was sad to see it end. This is the first Zelda game where I've ever completed a "collect x number of y items/creatures across the world" (100 Maiamais, w00t!) and I had a great time doing it.

I've started Shin Megami Tensei IV and enjoyed what I played so far, but I miss the Social Links features of Persona 3 and 4. Dungeon crawling and playing "gotta catch 'em all" with mythological creatures is great (especially for someone like me, who really enjoys reading the back story on various creatures), but I miss having S.Links to round out the gameplay and break things up a bit.

I'll be starting Bravely Default (which I got as a birthday gift from my wife last month) once I finish SMTIV.

I'm approaching the final area of Guacamelee and really enjoyed the game--except for the 1-2 hours I spent trying to get to the top of the Tree Tops section, which were awful. But aside from that one area (which was probably a response to players who didn't think the game was difficult enough), the game's been a blast to play.

I all but dropped Ni no Kuni for now, but I'll probably get back to it after I finish Guacamelee and Dust: An Elysian Tail (next in my PC game queue after Guacamelee).

And, of course, I'm still playing Team Fortress 2 on Tuesday nights with ToJ (TF2sdays still rock!) and I sneak in the occasional round of SMITE with Elihu as time allows.

So what about you all?

Dust: An Elysian Tail is a gorgeous game.

I've been playing WoW, Hearthstone, and One Finger Death Punch. Of which, One Finger Death Punch is way more fun than it has any right to be.

I've been playing some Mortal Kombat with Mostly_Harmless. I just recently picked up One Finger Death Punch. I got to agree with Elader, it's pretty fun.

Wrapped up Final Fantasy IV last month (PSP Collection with great music and graphic update). I enjoyed it a lot for the gameplay mechanics and neat characters. Wasn't that crazy about the quick ending, but the music and writing was pretty good. The first ever FF game I beat. :D

Finished FFX HD Remaster on the Vita last week. Other than hating Kilmahri for being useless and giving up on Lulu's/Tidus' celestial weapons because broken minigames, I really enjoyed the world of Spira and characters like Auron and Yuna. Yes, annoying main lead aside, I found the last 25% of the game to be pretty slick. I LOVED the final boss fights, really good stuff.

As of late, I have sunk about 10 hours into FFX-2 HD Remaster but I think I'm gonna take a break from that for a bit. Considering either starting Persona 4 Golden or continuing my 20~ hours of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP). I finished most of that Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS, doing the special worlds now. :3 A lot of great level design throughout!

On the PC front, I just redownloaded Civilization 5. Playing on really easy / short games, but I'd like to try some co-op in the future for sure. And I just got gifted a copy of Magic 2014, TOTALLY gonna crack that bad boy open, get some Blue action going. >:D

In the near future, I wanna play: Either FFIX or VII on the Vita, Tearaway (so charming!), Dragon's Crown, Vagrant Story (from a PSN sale).

Gaming fast as I switch from full time employment to full time deputation. All of June and maybe July depending on how the Lord leads me.

Even though my steam library grows with summer sales, I am playing WildStar pretty much all the time, one of the best MMO's I have ever played.

Vita wise, playing Rainbow Moon and Terraria mostly with FFX-HD and P4G in the background at the moment.

Oh but the game that really sucks up all my time is Marvel Puzzle Quest on the iphone. I am 89 days straight logins on that game.

Last edited:
Worked a 40 hour week this week (first time at this job). Didn't get home until 12:30 most nights last week.
...ended up staying up playing Guild Wars 2 until 2:00 most of those nights anyway.

I'm back on the GW2 wagon, and I love it more than ever. So fun. Playing an elementalist and mostly soloing has proven more difficult than I remember, though; so squishy!

Also playing Ultra Street Fighter IV (PSN), Hearthstone, and the occasional Heroes of the Storm beta. :D

I just found out the Heroes of the Storm beta is (or at least looked like it is) open to the public now. I'm not big on MOBAs, but I'd like to see for myself what all the hype is about.

Made it to World 7 in Super Mario 3D Land last night. SMB games are like a fine chocolate: It seems disrespectful to masters of the art to gobble it up all at once; it's better to take it slowly and enjoy the flavor. :) The same was true of Super Mario Galaxy 2. I didn't rush through the game because the level design was some of the best ever.

Mostly "Just Cause 2" lately. I picked it up on sale. Probably the most time I've spent in a game I've paid so little for. The storyline is terrible (I skipped a large majority of the cutscenes), but the sandbox is fun. Ended up grappling my jet to another jet and taking off in tandem with him. Took us about 5 seconds to start spiraling out of control. Afterward, I walked back to the airfield, summoned a sports car and drove it off the large cliff at the end of the runway. Just because. . .

I also picked up "Arkham Origins" on sale but I haven't gotten into the open world portion yet.

And "Call of Juarez: Gunslinger". . . The voice acting is teeming with cussing, so I can't really recommend anyone actually buy it, but as a simple shooting gallery type game it is somewhat entertaining.

I've been leaning more toward single-player games lately due to it keeping my gamer-rage in check (I don't get angry at the AI like I do other players and lag in multiplayer). Since, I'm still a bit burned out on Skyrim (nearly 650 hours) I'm considering replaying "Black Flag". After seeing the coop demo for the upcoming "Unity", I got somewhat interested in the genre again. The problem with Black Flag is that I don't really empathize with the protagonist at all. He's just a jerk. Of course, he is a pirate. . .and an assassin. Not really vocations that attract quality folks (with the exception of the Dread Pirate Roberts).

Mostly "Just Cause 2" lately. I picked it up on sale. Probably the most time I've spent in a game I've paid so little for. The storyline is terrible (I skipped a large majority of the cutscenes), but the sandbox is fun. Ended up grappling my jet to another jet and taking off in tandem with him. Took us about 5 seconds to start spiraling out of control. Afterward, I walked back to the airfield, summoned a sports car and drove it off the large cliff at the end of the runway. Just because. . .
There are very few games that are as fun--purely fun--as Just Cause 2. Once I got the hang of the grappling hook, I found myself cackling at various exploits as I racked up the chaos points throughout the game. It's like someone played a GTA game, got bored with the storyline, turned on cheat codes, hopped in a tank, blew stuff up, and asked, "Hey, why can't we make THIS the point of the game?" Then that person built a game studio and made Just Cause 2. I know that's not what really happened, but man, did it feel like it when I was playing through JC2.

Right now, the biggest games on my play list are Unreal Tournament 3, Mortal kombat 9 (Mainly with Floyd and mustang) Stepmania, and Osu!

Probably will get back to LoL when that big update happens to summoners rift which should be any day now and hope to eventually play StarCraft 2 again. Oddly enough I bought a few new steam games for the summer sale and haven't really touched them yet. I'll probably play them later on down the road.

Since the ToJ 15th Anniversary party in Minecraft, I caught the Minecraft bug again. That and SWTOR, I have one more class story to finish and then gearing up as I wait for the housing to be added.

Xbox one, COD Ghosts. using mouse and keyboard. that's about all I play except for me being a dragon, witch, big bad wolf, tickle monster, hot dog maker, horse and a papaw to my little Grandkids. Lov'n every minute.

Xbox one, COD Ghosts. using mouse and keyboard. that's about all I play except for me being a dragon, witch, big bad wolf, tickle monster, hot dog maker, horse and a papaw to my little Grandkids. Lov'n every minute.

But we miss you so much on UT 3 Monday nights!

I am playing an indie first person survival game called Miasmata - which I had never heard of until I saw it on Steam. Great fun and I am on my second go I enjoyed it so much

Swapped back to Skyrim till after some real life stuff settles down (new job, selling house, buying new one, blegh).
I can't believe just how active the modders still are for Skyrim, it's crazy!

For me, it's Guild Wars 2 (got hooked on dailies and alt making), Diablo III (at least, when my fiancee wants to play), Heroes of the Storm, and--right now I'm reinstalling and patching--Phantasy Star Online 2. Thinking about playing more SMITE, but life has made it necessary to choose games instead of playing all of them all the time. lol

Back