So sad... hacked!

ewoksrule

Bummer, I was starting to get back into GW as some friends started playing recently and GW2 is looking so awesome.

I tried to log in after a year or so and the account was blocked, I worked with NCSoft to get it reopened but I was totally hacked, lost 100p and a grip of ectos along with 4 and 5 year unopened bday presents.

here was the response from NCSoft

"While I would like to reimburse these items for you, the Guild Wars Support Team unfortunately does not have the capability to replace characters or items, whether they are lost through the actions of unfriendly players, deletion accidents, or through other means."

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, that's a huge loss, so sad.

When was this, ewoks?

Am I the only one thinking that maybe all of us should change our passwords?

I think it happened a couple months ago when my EQ2 account was hacked, they used the same login I think. I am OK with getting started again, easy come easy go. I did get another answer from NCSoft when I complained about not having a roll back available.

Greetings Mike,

I'm sorry that you have to deal with such a disheartening situation. I very much understand how you feel. When this kind of thing happens, it's not just the items or gold being lost; it's the years of time, energy and effort put into the account up to that point. I truly wish it were possible to replace or even compensate for this issue. There are simply no tools or means to achieve what you have asked for. If there were, I would have immediately done it upon your initial request or sent this ticket to the person that could. However, no one at ArenaNet, NCsoft Support, or Guild Wars Support has the capability to fulfill your request.

This is the best thing that you can do to get an open dialog going between you and other players in the Guild Wars community. I highly encourage you to post your thoughts and suggestions about this on the Guild Wars Wiki at: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Main. The information posted there is reviewed frequently by our Development Team. (More information about how to set up a Wiki account: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Getting_started).

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

With regards,
Graham
NCsoft Account Support

At least it seems like they care, even if they are unable to help.
I pray they have a better system in place for hacking come GW2, and authenticators (or some kind of 2-point verification) available at launch.

Last edited:
As much as it does suck that they can't replace items, I do agree that they shouldn't/can't. Whether or not there is a in-game mechanic for them to randomly create items, there would be way too much smoke with people calling in bogus claims to get free items.

Back