So I finally got some GW time in yesterday

RiverTigress

Rolled a new character to try out, a Monk/Ranger, mostly to still be able to do all my cool ranger stuff and keep my beloved cat at my side while having better fashion options to choose from. I still completely love my original Ranger/Warrior and will keep her around for farming and whatnot, but I just couldn't feel comfortable trying to attend one of the alliance-sponsored bible studies with the outfit she's currently got.

So far I am enjoying the combo, but am a little bummed out about not being able to have red hair anymore. The sacrifice was worth it though for the ability to dress in a more ladylike manner.

That pretty much sums up the extent of that gaming session. If anyone was hoping for a little more uberness on my part I apologize for the disappointment. :)

Glad you got to log in and play a bit. :) Monk's are much nicer dressed, have you seen what a female elementalist wears? Scandalous!

Ranger's are not too bad, however some of their stuff can be a bit racy.

Did you look at getting new armor for your ranger? I agree with what Eskimo Pie says about the female Ele outfits! There are a few that are ok, but most are pretty racy. However, there seems to be a few good Ranger outfit choices.

Honestly the tight pants look bothers me even more than the scanty dresses and skirts. Having some minimal real life combat experience (Aikido), it's hard to shake off the knowledge that fighting in a lot of that stuff would be ridiculously painful. The EoN Norn and Monument sets look pretty cool, but I'm probably too casual and sporadic a player to even hope to aspire to getting those.

Well, to get to those armors you have to get a ways into the game and they are rather expensive...

However you are right, the outfits they wear are not really good for combat, they are built for sex appeal.

I didn't know you studied Aikido. I was Tea Kwon Do. :)

okay, that's it. :) I am playing at some point this weekend. I really miss it and want to get back to GW. RT - thank you for this thread.

Gen

Well it's not something I bring up all that often. I get in enough trouble as it is for not exactly being the paragon of femininity. To put it succinctly though, I make a better soldier than housekeeper. :(

Most woman are not the paragon of femininity. I wouldn't worry about it overly much. :)

I find it rather cool. :D

Most woman are not the paragon of femininity. I wouldn't worry about it overly much. :)

I find it rather cool. :D

Well I realize most women aren't really subscribers to the total Martha Stewart way of life, however I think it's an even smaller minority that would replace her principles with those of Carl von Clausewitz instead. You might want to reconsider my coolness after all. :)

[Edit to stay on topic:] Oddly enough though, my priorities in gaming are completely different. As shown in my original post my biggest concerns here are my cat, my clothes, and my hair!

Last edited:
I think women would lose their appeal if all of them were like Martha Stewart. I think God made you perfect the way you are. I learned a long time ago to accept people where they are and try to help them want to be better. :D

Back