So are you all up for trying out the CGA Mumble Server?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Mumble is a voice chat client, like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak.

To my untrained ear, Mumble features audio quality on par with TeamSpeak.

Mumble also features some neat overlays for popular online PC games.

You can download the Mumble client here.

The address for the Christian Gamers Alliance Mumble Server is cgalliance.org, default port.

If guild leadership wants more channels created for The Forgiven, please send the relevant information in a PM to Joshinator, the CGA Mumble Server Operator, and copy me on the PM.

Mumble represents our best shot at One Voice Chat Server To Rule Them All.

I think that covers the basics. So what do you all say? Are you willing to give Mumble a try? I'm not asking anyone to switch from TS to Mumble right away; I'm just asking you all to try it out and think about it.

I've actually used Mumble a fair bit. I prefer TS3.

My main reasons are that TS tends to open better. Using mumble, I often get laggy opens, I sometimes can't get back into WoW for a while after alt-tabbing from Mumble, and I actually find I get a bit better sound from TS3.

That being said, I'm in the current test Mumble.

To clarify: During the last couple of years, I've grouped with several WoW guilds using different programs.

I hate having to use Ventrillo.

I don't mind Mumble.

I prefer TS3.

What would you all say to a big "Try Mumble Out" party event?

/bump

Has anyone else tested Mumble yet?

Set an event, I'll try to bring the party in :)
Whoa, Neirai's a forum ninja.

Thank you, sir.

I admit my interest is not wholly professional. I think it would be super-cool to have TF and ToJ using the same voice chat server. :)

And, of course, TF leadership would be granted the same rights over their channels on Mumble that they have on the TF TS server now. I'd also like to give one or two TF members server-wide moderator privileges in an effort to help defend against trolls (not that the members would be expected to "patrol" the server, but they would have the rights in case of emergency).

Thanks Tek, at this point, I would prefer to stay put but understand you want us to reconcile onto one voice program for CGA overall. I think we'll hold out until we get the eviction notice ;)

Okay - I'm willing to try Mumble. I downloaded Mumble but now I can't seem to find the CGA server - nor can I find an option to search for it...back to TS3 for now.

*later that same day...

So...I did find where to put the server in but it was not allowing me to connect. I was using the same username and password as with TS3. Is there a secret handshake I need to get in?

*and still later

Finally made it in - but no one there. I'll check in later to see who shows up.

Last edited:
Thanks Tek, at this point, I would prefer to stay put but understand you want us to reconcile onto one voice program for CGA overall. I think we'll hold out until we get the eviction notice ;)
I'm not planning to evict anyone, but I would like TF to at least give Mumble a fair shot. See if you like it, tell me what you think, and ask me and Joshinator any questions you might have about Mumble.

Okay - I'm willing to try Mumble. I downloaded Mumble but now I can't seem to find the CGA server - nor can I find an option to search for it...back to TS3 for now.

*later that same day...

So...I did find where to put the server in but it was not allowing me to connect. I was using the same username and password as with TS3. Is there a secret handshake I need to get in?

*and still later

Finally made it in - but no one there. I'll check in later to see who shows up.
You can check who's on Mumble without having to load the client and connect to the server by using this handy tool. It's not pretty (yet), but it works.

I'll ask Joshinator to write up a beginner's guide to Mumble and post it to the CGA General Discussion Forum.

EDIT: In the meantime, I posted a quick CGA Mumble Q&A thread where you can post questions.

Last edited:
A lot of the old time TF'ers would have experience with mumble as the small guild alliance on Terenas used mumble for its runs (and TF is/was part of the sga). Vent, mumble, ts..seems about all the same to me.

A lot of the old time TF'ers would have experience with mumble as the small guild alliance on Terenas used mumble for its runs (and TF is/was part of the sga). Vent, mumble, ts..seems about all the same to me.
I am not above bribing TF guild leadership to bring a crew over to check out Mumble.

And hey! Your channels are already set up! Joshinator could handle giving channel moderator rights to your officers, too.

lol, ok ok, I'll try and make some time but travelling this week and Promise Keepers with my oldest 3 sons this weekend.

lol, ok ok, I'll try and make some time but travelling this week and Promise Keepers with my oldest 3 sons this weekend.
Huzzah! I'll try to make myself available to answer any Mumble-related question and have some interesting stories to tell for any TF members that drop by.

I'll make sure to have mumble open while I'm at home during the next few weeks. I too will be available to answer any mumble-related questions, and I will try my best to make up some interesting stories for any TF members. I take requests by the way... :)

Promise Keepers?? Say "HI!" to Andrew Thompson for me! He wanted me to come up to E-town to visit but I don't think it will happen...

Back