So a lot going on.. and not in a great way

Slickrock

Hello fellow TFers..

Got a lot going on at work that I could use some prayer about.

I do web design and web project management for an aerospace company, and as you can imagine, federal budgets are getting hacked. As a results, we have layoffs coming up. While I think I am ok in regards to the layoffs, it's still a bad situation, and I can't know for sure that I am ok until the axe hits.

Compounded with that, my boss quit this past week, so for now I will be directly reporting to her boss, whom I used to report to. Let's just say that while she knows she needs me doing the work I do, she doesn't get anyone who is technically minded, so she gets frustrated with me.

In the midst of that I have a complete overhaul of our corporate website that I am working on, that needs to be launched by the end of the month (yes, right after the layoffs...) and getting content done and approved so it can be posted is becoming a real problem (read: I only have about 5% of the content approved sofar), but my now-boss is insisting that we launch on time, regardless of everything else going on (meaning she doesn't want to miss a deadline she promised to someone).

So, as the month progresses, people in the office will be getting more stressed, and at some point the axe will fall, and people will be dealing with the aftermath, and assuming I'm still there, I'll be pushing people to get a website done.

so... I could use some prayer...

Back