SimCity

Recent patch did help alot with regional lag but there are still some hiccups. The series 4 servers are fast and stable for the most part. You can exit out the tutorial but it should not even be coming up a 2nd time.

So ewoks already shared his version of the story, but I'll share mine.

I dislike EA with a passion, for so many reasons. With that said, I also strongly dislike Maxis because they've put out what is in my opinion garbage since SimCity 2000.

However, I don't like to stand by biases, and I don't like to let biases always affect my decisions. If I did that, I'd be like a lot of people on these and other forums :p. Oh, by the way, on that note you guys really shouldn't just spout off something because you think or heard it's true. I've seen that and often enough it's just not true. Don't jump on the band wagon!

Anyway, after watching this video I decided to give it a shot. I have to say, I really like the new SimCity. A lot! I love that you can share resources, and I love that the game has a sort of hardcore mode in that resources do not replenish, and that a natural or nuclear disaster can effectively end the game for you, and not just for you but all of your friends in the region. I love trying to manage traffic, economy, trading, the different wealth classes of citizens, and always trying to expand. Even maintaining can be challenging. And I really like all of the data that you can look at. I've started 5 cities, and most of them have been pretty successful. I plan on starting and playing a lot more.

Btw, if you're on Origin please look me up!

I don't think I need to throw more money at EA to experience SimCity just so that I can say it's bad. I threw money at EA multiple times so that they could show me that they knew how to produce a good game, and the vast majority of those times they failed to keep my attention or failed to deliver what should have been delivered. After WoW I tried Warhammer Online. Leveling was great, but once you hit 40, you may as well quit the game because the end-game PvE was non-existent and end-game PvP was severely handicapped. After that I went back to WoW. Once I got bored of WoW again I tried SWTOR. SWTOR's leveling was by far and away the best leveling experience I have ever had in an MMO. But SWTOR was also the best single-player MMO I've ever played. SWTOR's end-game raiding was lacking and end-game PvP was non-existent (I could play WoW and do arenas there for a more rewarding PvP experience).

To each of these game's credit, the journey to the end of the game was great. The PvP in Warhammer from level 1-39 was amazing, and the PvE story telling in SWTOR is unmatched. But once you hit the maximum level in these games the fun ends and you are greeted with an unabashed lack of substance and effort.

I'm not bandwagoning when I say SimCity will not hold my attention, and thus will be no good. My experience with EA tells me that. I have no doubt that getting your city to the highest point with in the game will be fun, but what will it be like after it gets there? Most likely boring and tedious. If a game has no replay value, I have a hard time justifying purchasing it.

No game is perfect. But EA products seem to be far less perfect than other games produced by other companies, and because of this I refuse to give them money (that and almost two-thousand one-star reviews on Amazon).

Last edited:
It's actually a decent list too.

Until you look closer and see its all a ploy...They extended the time to get the free game by weeks and weeks and just about every game is a base game that has multiple DLC you will need to buy to fully enjoy...This is not a generous gift as an apology, this is a massive marketing ploy.

Last edited:
Until you look closer and see its all a ploy...They extended the time to get the free game by weeks and weeks and just about every game is a base game that has multiple DLC you will need to buy to fully enjoy...This is not a generous gift as an apology, this is a massive marketing ploy.

Maybe, but I've played ME3 without any paid dlc and it's still fine. Probably the most desired on the list is Dead Space 3 since it's the newest.

Back