September 10th Custom Map Pre-download

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
These first three maps were requested but have been played on Toj before so you may have them.
cp_obscure_final
cp_furnace_rc
ctf_vector_v1

While below are newer versions of maps we've played before so there is less chance of having them.
pl_borneo_rc2
pl_swiftwater_ugc

You should extract the .bsp files from the .bz2 files and put them in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\maps or your equivalent folder.

When I mouseover the links, they show the correct file names, but when I try to save the files, it adds an extra ".bsp.bz2" to the filename.

Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Make that two extra sets of ".bsp.bz2" - Here's an example filename: pl_swiftwater_ugc.bsp.bz2.bsp.bz2.bsp.bz2

EDIT#2: I was able to remove the extra ".bsp.bz2" sets from the download filenames and extract the maps to the folder Gerbil listed above, but that's still an odd problem...

Last edited:
When I mouseover the links, they show the correct file names, but when I try to save the files, it adds an extra ".bsp.bz2" to the filename.

Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Make that two extra sets of ".bsp.bz2" - Here's an example filename: pl_swiftwater_ugc.bsp.bz2.bsp.bz2.bsp.bz2

EDIT#2: I was able to remove the extra ".bsp.bz2" sets from the download filenames and extract the maps to the folder Gerbil listed above, but that's still an odd problem...

Weird. I tested them all earlier by downloading them in game. Testing the link to cp_obscure, and pl_swiftwater right now both worked fine for me too. Bizarre.

Last edited:
Weird. I tested them all earlier by downloading them in game. Testing the link to cp_obscure, and pl_swiftwater right now both worked fine for me too. Bizarre.
Downloading in-game works fine. I was trying to download them ahead of time using Chrome.

Back