SC played still?

I've been playing a lot lately but who am I looking for besides tek7? I really need some in-game critiques. Also, I have a tendency of getting people who are greater noobs than I am on my team. 2 noobs in a 3 v 3 = insta loss.

Zeb

I've been playing a lot lately but who am I looking for besides tek7? I really need some in-game critiques. Also, I have a tendency of getting people who are greater noobs than I am on my team. 2 noobs in a 3 v 3 = insta loss.

Zeb

Maybe try Comp Stomps or 3 Vs 5 Comps.

Search through this thread and the Screen names for SC thread, you'll find a couple still active.

For me though, I count 8 people. (Including me)

The rest, haven't login yet, like Tek7, aren't active or it isn't them. (Cusses in their profile)

Last edited:
The rest, haven't login yet, like Tek7, aren't active or it isn't them. (Cusses in their profile)
Wait, what? There's someone out there using the Tek7 handle with profanity in their Battle.net profile?

Wait, what? There's someone out there using the Tek7 handle with profanity in their Battle.net profile?

No, not yours, Tek7.

Others, like Just2Good (Dead_Aim). :\

When you know their account is active, you type:

/stats Tek7
(or someone else)

Two things will happen:

1. "Invalid Tek7"

Means no one has picked Tek7 as a account, yet!

2. "Tek7 record: Normal games: 0-0-0"

Means haven't played a normal game but account still active.

So, right now, Isaiah Jones, your account is Invalid.

Zeb

On a 2vs2, I knew my teammate was a noob since the game name says, "Noobs only."

Long version short: I am a good support, back-up and recon player.

Interesting for me, I'm still the same, high kills when lose.

Though, that is only because Marines in Bunkers kill Interceptors like flies.

I remember 1 time, my base was entirely fulled with Marines in Bunkers and a Protoss player obviously did a Mass Carrier attack. It was so funny that about a few minutes to that attack, all his Carriers had 0 Interceptors. :p
Though, I did lose.

Last edited:
sooo anyone willin' to show a n00b how it's "done"? no TS but I'm willing to get my butt kicked again and again and again! :p

edit: PM me, don't respond in post here, because I never check these threads >_>

Last edited:
i don't really have time to play anymore these days, but a couple old videos i made

http://www.divshare.com/download/1275531-195

not sure if the link still works

there are games i played against a friend with some commentary. i'm not particularly good compared to the competitive scene (i'd probably have a hard time moving up from D/D+ on ICCUP), but i'm significantly better than the casual player.

you can also youtube for OSL / MSL (OnGameNet Star League / MBC Star League) videos, which have korean pros. there are some with english commentary, although i'm not sure anyone is doing that anymore these days. i'd also check teamliquid.net for VODs of top players for general strategy and builds on the current competitive maps. Teamliquid Star League is a good place to look for some great games with good english commentary.

general advice: build more probes/drones/scvs. i can guarantee that you do not have enough. even if you think you have enough, you don't. constantly make more workers. your command center/nexus/hatcheries should never be idle. mining doesn't saturate until about 2.5 workers per mineral patch, and most bases have 6-7 mineral patches, so you're looking at at least 20 workers per base just for mining minerals. this alone will improve your game significantly.

as full disclosure, there are some times where you do not want to be building workers at certain points in the game, but this is VERY high level. unless you have a very specific reason not to (timing attacks/timing builds), you should always be training workers. until you develop that high level understanding of the game, it is good to just keep building them.

back in the old days, NTT, who was not a spectacular player in terms of his mechanics/strategy, was one of the best players in the world because he was always building SCVs from all of his command centers, so he would outresource/outproduce everyone, and he would just run over people with overwhelming numbers of units.

Back