Saving Money on Reforging

Dasavur

So I randomly fell upon this website and I should have thought about it before hand to find it on purpose BUT....here is a site where you can change your gear, gems, enchants, and reforges. There are lots of sites out there that do this and everything but out of all the sites I searched this is the one that helped me the most on figuring out what gear I have availability to or what I'll have here in the next few weeks and I was able to save myself thousands of gold to figure out what I needed to do in order to gear myself best.

www.wowreforge.com (easy enough name)

It seems to give the same info as Askmrrobot. Have you noticed an advantage to this site over AMR for reforging? Seems to have more of the technical numbers which is cool.

Ask Mr. Robot kept assuming in it's optimization that I had every raid buff available to me. So it assumed that I had dark intent for my haste which I don't so it was giving me inaccurate information. I would tell it that I needed my haste to be at a certain level and it would tell me what I needed it to be at with all available raid buffs. I searched the sight for half an hour trying to figure out if I could turn off certain buffs or not and I couldn't. So I found wowreforge and it was much easier to calculate the raw numbers rather than subtract/add stuff from raid buffs that I didn't have.

Yeah if it's off you just put in the right stat weights...I had to do that since I'm not 4 piece yet just to switch around mastery and crit.

It is nice to have options. I had a peek at the site. I think it doesn't provide anything over askrebot so I'll keep to Mr. Robot but for those who have not selected a site, this should definitely be considered.

I am still not convinced that Ask Mr. Robot is a better way to prioritize reforging compared to 'rawr' theorycrafting on EJ. When I decided to try Rawr over AMR my dps jumped quite substantially by the priority given to reforge gear. I will completely accept I am wrong if someone will show me why but I still give rawr the most weight, while still referencing to AMR and maxDPS just to make sure I am not putting all my eggs in one basket. I am also taking a boo at the site that Jason has posted - will comment after giving it some time to sink in.

I would suggest it depends on class Joe. This site runs in parallel of femaledwarf for hunters so it is accurate as far as hunters go.

Yeah things like EJ, Ask Mr. Robot, and Rawr, they are all subject to how much expertise the person controlling the stat weights have with the class they are controlling. Not just the expertise on it but what gear level they are referring to (I know as a Shadow Priest my crit is better until you get 4 piece t12 and then Mastery is better so the site was going based off all BiS gear). One good thing with Rawr is that if the class/spec you're looking for has been fully updated and everything it will change up your stat weights based on your gear level for the most part which is why you find it so good Joe. Then again if you choose a class that it hasn't had much work on then you generally get horrible stat weights and such.

I linked the history of AskMrRobot a few weeks ago. It is worth reading, it provides you with how they do their numbers. Have a read, it is gooder

Great link Adam - when I can work on my hunter I will know where to look now!

As for rawr on EJ; I am very fortunate that arcane mage is one of the sets that is completely researched and formulated so I am very comfortable with using it. I went to wowreforge site and actually found that all my gear suggestions from Rawr were in perfect unison - more confidence :)

Back