Saturday November 1st, 2008.

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Daniel 2:20-22 said:
20. "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
21. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
22. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.

With the upcoming Election. I felt that it was time to remind everyone of the One who is truly in control. Especially this section of verse 21.
he sets up kings and deposes them.

No matter whom you vote for this coming November 4th, remember that God is the one who places these men or women in authority.

Praise God for the ability to cast a vote.

Daniel gave praise and he was a captive in another land.

No matter who wins this next election. God is in control.

Thank you SO much for posting this, I literally had lost sight of this, thank you! You are 100% correct.

So often we get to thinking about how bad it will be if so-and-so is elected - like it will be the end of God sitting on His throne or something. Jesus lived under Herod - Paul established the church under Caesar - it couldn't be any worse than that.

Thanks for the reminder.

I agree Abba San. :) Thank you for the follow up words. I was just thinking of Daniel. Jesus and Paul are very good examples as well.

... and this thread is a great post-election "food to eat for sour tummies"... Good job in obeying the Spirit of Truth...

Back