Reduce Latency in AION (and WoW or any MMO)

Might be good for other OS but not 7.

Ping held steady at 250ms. Up 150 my normal. An I nearly nuked my system trying to restore my backup reg file. Thankfully I had a system restore point 2 days ago.

Forget that, I was wrong...

Last edited:
OH no! that's brutal. But I have win7 64bit and it worked good. I read the forum replies and lots of others reported it working on Win7, I wonder why it did'nt uninstall nicely for you?

I'm an idiot, forget what I said in the above post. It works.

Being the paranoid person I am about running other people stuff on my comp, I attempted to do the reg tweak manually. Which backfired. :(
I downloaded the script that the guy has an it works. I've scanned it both with Bitdefender and I also read the script by opening it with Notepad. It's clean.

My ping went down by about 100ms. Hanging around 50-60ms now.

this has one drawback though....if you start trying to stream a video or something over the lan you could overwork the tcp\ip sack and loose lal connectivity until the activity dies down. What this "patch" does is disable the ability for windows to gorup togeth3r return packets for efficiency.

There are two different communicaitons flows in LAN and WAN(internet) communications:
1. Lan is a high speed low latency conneciton
2. WAS is a low/high speed high latency connection.

I ahve never seen a lan connection over 5ms unless something is wrong. I ahve not seen a WAN conneciton lower than 40 ms at all. This is nearly 10 times higher laency. What this patch does is the system has to ack immediatly on every single packet instead of grouping hte acks together. While this leads to higher performance on WAN connections it can(and most likely will) seriously compromise LAN performance.

Question, because I'm not so smart as far as something like this...

Based on what Hescominsoon said, does that mean that if I try and play a LAN game with someone my computer will overwork the system and cause it to freeze till I disable my LAN game?

I can't imagine it would be that drastic. I have been running this patch and my LAN is doing fine and it is a pretty busy one. Also, there is a simple Off and On file in the program so you can toggle it as you see fit. (you do have to restart the PC)

Question, because I'm not so smart as far as something like this...

Based on what Hescominsoon said, does that mean that if I try and play a LAN game with someone my computer will overwork the system and cause it to freeze till I disable my LAN game?
it's a possibility....however lan gaming is bursty and not constant. rip a dvd or DB disk and then stream that...that is where most likely you will see issues. Also this acking every packet DOES increase cpu load on your machine as well...not by a ton..but it does increase it so you may see an fps drop depending on your system.

Back