PvP Friday June 6, 2008 9pm Eastern

one2dredd

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
Tonight I plan on us running as follows:

4 searing flames Eles

1 SS Necro

1 Sin/Monk's Nightmare

2 Monks

I may only be able to play a few rounds till around 11pm Eastern but if all goes well we will win a few.

"What are we going to do today Dredd?"
"What we always do, Stc... Try and take over the worl- i mean Halls!!!"

YAY HOH. i should be there

If we do encounter SWAY a lot, caster shutdown really really hurts those guys.

And we only lost this last one by ONE relic and we had one just a few feet away to tie when the timer expired!

It was totally worth it btw to see their First Championship in over 20 YEARS!!! Against the Team I hate the most probably :p. Sorry to any Laker Fan's lol.

Dea and I are listening to a comedy audiobook by John Hodgeman (not sure if I'm spelling him right, he's the 'I'm a PC' guy in the Apple commercials) called "Areas of my Expertise". At the beginning he was explaining what content was going to be in his program, and he said upfront that there would be only two sports references in his entire program. "If you are interested in sports," he commented, "simply tune in to 95% of everything else that's out there."

:p

John Hodgman...

"For those of you interested in sports, please note that there are only two references to sports in this audio edition...Both are appropriately brief and dismissive. If you wish for sports information, might I kindly refer you to every other aspect of our culture."

I can't give a wholehearted recommendation of the book (or audiobook), though. It's absolutely hilarious, but there is a rather crude running joke that crops up about a dozen times. I got the book for free a couple of years ago (Apple offered "PC's" book for free for a week or two at Christmas).

People can judge and dismiss sports. But like other things in culture it can bring many good things to a community. It can give you hope and strength during times on turmoil. It builds character within a person. It teaches you teamwork. Sports in the right amount and in the proper setting is a healthy and necessary thing in our lives enriching it and giving us a happier healthier life. Sports come in many forms. Dea even you are into sports believe it our not. Dancing is a sport. Sports basically is anything that you do for fun that takes some type of Physical activity. So bash it all you like but sports are an important part of our lives and it makes most of our lives better. end rant :p

Team SoE is a team. And teams are normally in sports. And yes, our heart rate does increase when we are in the last 4 seconds of HoH.

PVP IS A SPORT RIGHT?!?!

I posted merely in response to Paul's post. I wanted to get the quote right, and I also wanted to make clear certain things about the book itself. If we want to discuss the pros and cons of sports...

My big beef with them is the number of people who give them priority over everything else. (And believe me, I can come up with dozens of examples, Christian and secular.) We also place sports figures on a pedestal and emulate them in an unhealthy way, the same way we do with other celebrities.

Sports are fine, if people enjoy them. More people should be DOING them, or another form of physical activity. Instead, way too many people simply sit at home in front of the TV, ignoring their family, instead of getting up and PLAYING BALL with their kids, or hiking, or taking dance lessons, or playing paintball. As a nation, we do NOT have a healthy view of sports.

As for dance...

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

We don't compete. :)

But you can thus making it a sport :p. Just like Paintball I can compete but when I first started playing I did not so was I not playing a sport?

Back