Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition NA release date: May 15

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, the previously Japan-only game featuring a mix of RPG and puzzle elements (and Nintendo's Mario characters) will be coming to Europe and North America on May 15, Nintendo announced this morning on its Nintendo Direct stream.

Super Mario Bros. Edition will be bundled with Puzzle & Dragons Z, a port of a mobile entry in the long-running puzzle series.
Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition coming to the West

If it has multiplayer? Might be a day one purchase. Might even get a second copy if I can talk my wife into playing it.

If it doesn't have multiplayer? It goes on the Amazon wishlist and I wait for a really good sale...but I buy it eventually.

Either way, looking forward to playing it (eventually)!

EDIT: Oh man, oh man, oh man, I hope neither PAD SMB nor PADZ have microtransactions...

Last edited:
...I think it'd be breaking a rule or two to post my actual response to seeing this thread, soooo...

TEK! WHAT IS THIS?!

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.

Urrrrgh. Waaaaaaant.

@life: ggpo

As long as the game doesn't feature microtransactions, I feel safe recommending puzzle game aficionados like myself at least consider purchasing the bundle.

It looks as though PADZ and and PAD SMB include everything I love about PAD minus all the things I loathe (stamina system, soul-crushing skill-up system, IAP gambling, etc.). I haven't spent a single cent on PAD but I'll gladly purchase the PADZ/PAD SMB bundle.

I daydream about at least one of the games including local wireless multiplayer, but that's likely just a setup for disappointment. Even if both games are single-player only, I'm still planning on buying them. (I'll just wait for a good sale.)

Demo available now!
More information about PADZ/SMB and a video and screenshots can be found here. Though it says the release date is May 22nd.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Bydi-gOm4PyzWMDO-FUXaj1EkAUALJ51

It looks good to me! (Only one player, though; sorry, Tek.) But I'm still saving up to pre-order Etrian Odyssey Untold II.... And I'm considering buying Story of Seasons (having never played one of these games). Will be a long wait before buying this. But demo is free. ^_^

Demo available now!
More information about PADZ/SMB and a video and screenshots can be found here. Though it says the release date is May 22nd.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Bydi-gOm4PyzWMDO-FUXaj1EkAUALJ51

It looks good to me! (Only one player, though; sorry, Tek.) But I'm still saving up to pre-order Etrian Odyssey Untold II.... And I'm considering buying Story of Seasons (having never played one of these games). Will be a long wait before buying this. But demo is free. ^_^
Unfortunately, the demo is also very short. :(

And, as my wife discovered, not terribly kind to new players. The leaders available in the demo have Leader Skills that require 3 combos to activate. Conditional leader skills are not ideal for new players. Unconditional leader skills (e.g. 1.5x attack for fire monsters) would be better for a demo or at least the first section of the demo.

Back