PSN Plus

But alas, I can't really buy console gaming stuff until January when I see what the fallout is between moving into the dorms and paying for meal plans and such. :/
I understand you well. Ain't always fun being an income-deprived college student. :p

/unemployed
/college student
/good looking
/awesome
/not arrogant, just awesome

Edit: Then again, technically, it's not buying console gaming stuff... it's paying for a subscription. >.>

Last edited:
Income deprived? That's what loans are for! Lololololol!

/sees the 40k bill 4 years later @_@

Income deprived? That's what loans are for! Lololololol!

/sees the 40k bill 4 years later @_@
And this would be the reason I'm wary of drawing from my loan money for anything nonessential to education from here on out (MvC3 may be essential in some way >.>).

Do not like loans.

Do like Playstation Plus, though. :p

Can't wait to give my new downloads a go... especially DCUO. Eek.

But... watching a movie now. >.>

You forgot "super humble" Kendrik!

As for loans...I personally don't mind school loans if you are working towards a degree that is fiscally responsible to do so. Interest is subsidized while in school anyway and so you'll be in a better position to pay things off after.

As for loans...I personally don't mind school loans if you are working towards a degree that is fiscally responsible to do so.

Does a major in Basket Weaving/minor in Flyflishing count? >_>

Bachelor's degree in Bible? Not a lot of income. Master's degree in Library and Information Studies? A decent enough paycheck. Just gotta actually get into that program.

Back to PSN Plus for a moment... DCUOnline access is pretty sweet. >.>

Bachelor's degree in Bible? Not a lot of income. Master's degree in Library and Information Studies? A decent enough paycheck. Just gotta actually get into that program.

Back to PSN Plus for a moment... DCUOnline access is pretty sweet. >.>

Have you looked at librarian jobs? I'm sure it differs from place to place, but I've seen a wanted ad for a head librarian, $16k pay, 20 years + masters degree required. o_O

Definitely looking to check out DCUOline.

Have you looked at librarian jobs? I'm sure it differs from place to place, but I've seen a wanted ad for a head librarian, $16k pay, 20 years + masters degree required. o_O

Definitely looking to check out DCUOline.
Wuuuuuut. Median pay for a librarian here in WA is $30/hour or $63k/year. Granted, that's median. Even the lowest pay was livable, though. So... o_O

DCUO is a mixed bag for me so far. I kinda like it... kinda go "meh."

As if Sam & Max were not enough to justify Plus, starting tomorrow, a reduced form of MAG will be available to subscribers. No DLC and a level cap of 8, but it's otherwise the full game for Plus subbers. An excellent way to play along. And you still collect experience even past the cap, so if you go retail, the cap is lifted, and you move up in level. (Actual level cap is around 60, I think.)

Good time to grab MAG and try it, Ryan.

Good time to get Plus, Tek. If only, no?

Last edited:
Yeah, when I went to Plus yesterday I was like HOLY COW! Loads of stuff.

I missed out on some things last month due to not being logged in to the PS3 much. Anyone know if I can go get all the freebies I missed?

Yeah, when I went to Plus yesterday I was like HOLY COW! Loads of stuff.

I missed out on some things last month due to not being logged in to the PS3 much. Anyone know if I can go get all the freebies I missed?
As far as I know... you can't. :( With this as my understanding, I "purchase" everything the moment it hits the PSNPlus shop... even if I don't download it right away. That way I can always go back and get it offa my purchased list even if I don't want it at the moment for whatever reason.

Good time to get Plus, Tek. If only, no?
No more recurring costs for me (except necessities) until I'm working again. :( One-time expenses are, of course, a different matter.

No more recurring costs for me (except necessities) until I'm working again. :( One-time expenses are, of course, a different matter.
Reasonable enough.

I wonder if I have a scroll of greater improve luck to give you... or a similar potion to quaff.

Reasonable enough.

I wonder if I have a scroll of greater improve luck to give you... or a similar potion to quaff.
If the bottle is empty, maybe you can just smash it over a potential employer's head and I can finish the HR paperwork before they come to.

...I'm not a violent person by nature. Promise.

I usually just try to make offers that can't be refused, but if hitting someone with an empty potion bottle is the way to go... well... that's cool. I can make do. :p

Back