pre-teen/teen resources

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
Howdy Y'all.

I help with the youth at my church. After the youth minister gives his message, we split them up into small groups, and I lead one of those groups. Last night one of the questions we had for our groups was "Do you REALLY know Jesus?" and none of the boys in my group (aged roughly 11-14) said they did. This really opened my eyes. Some of these boys have grown up in church, and I'm pretty sure one or two has been baptized. I also lead a small group for 12-16 year old boys at my church. I have been doing it on discipleship lately, however after last night I feel that I need to change things up a bit.

Some of the boys in my group on Wednesdays are also in my other group.

Does anyone know of any resources for pre-teen/middle school age ministry? More-so basics, who was Jesus, etc. I know there a lot of general resources, but I'm looking more for resources targeting that age range. I appreciate anyone who can help.

Also I would appreciate prayer, for myself, and for them as well.

Thanks

I hate to bump a thread... I was just wondering if anyone might have any resources I can look at? (Doesn't have to be physical if you know of some good websites with resources.)

Thanks.

Sorry, boss. I got nothin' for ya off the top of my head. I apologize for the unhelpful response, but it was making me sad to see no response at all. Hope someone else has somethin' in mind to share, though. :)

well bud as a youth pastor myself I know what you mean it seems like even adults today cannot answer that question but my answer to your question is I think you should just consider straight from the bible maybe finding a translation that will be easier for them to understand(maybe HCSB) if your using kjv or similar translation. but start with the gospels get into deep discussions about y Jesus came, get into Paul's teachings on how to live as a Christian. but the easiest way for them to truly know Christ is to begin prayer and fasting which is kind of a hard topic for younger Christians to understand but that's how are relationship with Christ grows is through spending time with Christ.

Back