Prayer for job...

Logos

Hey guys, I know you all are very faithful in praying for each other, so I thought what a better place to ask this of some fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I currently work at Lifeway Christian Bookstore, and although it is an excellent work environment the money is not great, and with me being the only income in our household it is REALLY tight right now...almost to the point of not knowing how we are going to pay all of our bills. Anyways, I think most of you understand please pray I will either be able to find a better supplying job so I can provide for my family.

Considering the current state of the economy in America and worldwide, it might not be a bad idea to stick this thread and invite members to post their prayer requests in a single thread and pray for others in the same situation.

I'm also seeking permanent full-time employment, so please pray the same for me.

Logos, I'll be sure to pray for you and your family.

Tek I think that to sticky this and post any Job related requests would be an awesome idea. :) Thanks for the prayers too! If this was a permanent sticky it would be easier to keep a running prayer list and see how God answers the prayers in the future. :)

Agreed.

Thread stickied. Or stuck. Whatever is correct grammar.

Praying.

I heard a story about someone in the book Crazy Love who couldn't continue tithing 10% due to money problems so they started giving 30% and the Lord provided.

That's a pretty insane thing to suggest but I do believe God rewards us when we live by faith... whether you do that or not, I believe God will provide :D

Please pray for me as well. I have applied for everything I can. I am now unemployed don't know how I will survive for the next month. I think I have a Job but I have not heard anything yet. I know God will always provide I'm just scared of the unknown...

Will do man.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

God will get you through, don't be afraid to look for help... never let pride keep you from that.

Just got my offer letter as a retail wireless consultant with US Cellular! Great benefits and pay! Thank you God!

thanks, just to update...I am now down to 28 hrs a week...which is not nearly enough to survive for a long time. :) Also to add to the prayer/praise...I am going to be getting on at the church as lay counselor...and after 50 hours of counseling I will have my christian counseling license, which will open some doors up so pray for that as well. I am excited about this opportunity. :)

My short-term job finished last Friday after 6 weeks. I'm back to searching for work full-time (as opposed to part-time while I was working full-time).

Please pray that I would be in the place where the Lord wants me and that I have the wisdom to balance my time between working on house projects (my wife and I move from an apartment to our first house last weekend), searching for a job, and managing the CGA and ToJ.

PRAISE UPDATE!!!! :) I know I technically have a job, but I am getting very few hours and it is about 25 mins from the house...Well it is amazing what the Lord can do, because I have my final interview two minutes down the road at the local target for a higher level floor associate starting pay $9 hr 40 hrs a week. :) Plus it is literally two minutes around the corner. LOL And in the area I need to be to really help minister at the church as well. :)

Praying for you all.

I could use prayer that my business would pickup. It is too slow and I do not make enough right now to pay all the bills and we just had to pay out a large medical bill.

Praying.

I heard a story about someone in the book Crazy Love who couldn't continue tithing 10% due to money problems so they started giving 30% and the Lord provided.

That's a pretty insane thing to suggest but I do believe God rewards us when we live by faith... whether you do that or not, I believe God will provide :D

wow thats awesome. I love Francis Chan, I must read this book now. Thanks for mentioning it.

Francis Chan is good :) I have read both of his books, and I have a plethora of his sermons on file. Very awesome teacher.

Back