One last hurrah for the ToJ L4D2 server?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Well, it looks like we'll be shutting down the ToJ L4D2 server soon. :(

But before we do, let's play L4D2 together on the ToJ server one last time!

This week's Left 4 Thursday won't be the last, but it will be the last on the ToJ server.

Shall we play a stock map? Or a custom campaign?

And who'll be able to make it out to tomorrow's event?

The plan is the same as always: Open the lobby at 8:15 p.m. Central and start the game at 8:30 p.m. Central.

Guess its time has come, I loved LFD2 but I don't think I will be playing it regularly anymore. I vote for a custom campaign, I should be on tomorrow night.

Oh that is sad news, though I've played L4D2 fewer times than a one-armed manufacturer of homemade fireworks could count on his fingers. I'm going to be busy tomorrow night though playing Magic with Turbo164 and a couple other friends.

A BIG thank you to everyone who made it out tonight!

Kidan
Sarugon
Bread & Circus
imbrucy
ReptilianGoose
Patriot

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I feel tonight's game was a proper send-off for a server where we've spent so many hours together and had so much fun. :)

I'll be canceling our server in the next few minutes, but remember that we can still play L4D2 together any time. We'll just need someone to either host a game on their local PC or host a temporary dedicated server (like the one I set up for Team Fortress 2 Mann vs. Machine games) for a game night.

Thank you to all who've played with us on the ToJ L4D2 server over the last few years, thanks to the very generous members who donated to rent this servers as well as other ToJ servers, and a special thanks to Whon for spending countless hours sparring with "Tiffany" (yes, we named the server), the Source Engine, Valve, and GameServers to provide a place where we could all play together.

Don't hesitate to post in this forum to organize future game nights, recruit other survivors for new or familiar custom campaigns, or just chat it up.

See you all around!

/salute

Back