Old inactive member looking to join for Rift.

Dannypb

hi everyone :)

I had some issues with the secular guild I was in, and I was hoping to come back to ToJ for Rift. I am still a member in good standing (as far as I know :) ). I am a Christian, a married father of 2. I attend services at a Church of Christ, and I know I have the promises of God in my life because of my faith, my confession, my repentance and baptism and that I try my best to live holy as He is Holy. I put Him first in everything, which led to the conflict in the other guild. I am very sad and am leaving behind a lot of friends.

I was an officer in the other guild and have had a lot of MMO experience. I am also a programmer by trade, and have already built a stats site for use at launch. It can be reviewed if you want to use it at http://rift.cotp.game-host.org . It uses the daily data from the /dumpguild command in game. the server sits in my living room, and my router is acting up, so it is down sometimes.

I have been playing Rift for a couple months now and am really enjoying the game. I am in the Beta, and some other server I'm not supposed to talk about :) I have played among other games, SWG, VG, LOTRO, EQII, WoW, Planetside, jumpgate..... and a lot of others. My current rift beta toons are on Sunrest.

I am very torn about leaving my old guild, but I cannot ignore my conscious. While being able to talk to ppl sometimes about Jesus was good. I need a break from the worldliness. I am still excited about this launch though and hope to get to know you all better, if you have a place for me.

You have my vote!

Good to hear your coming back, I can relate to the Secular guild thing... I came to Christian guilds because of the stuff in chat and vent. I think you can only take so much, or at least I can only take so much of that.

Look forward to playing with you. Will get you a guild invite just as soon as we can.

God bless you man, welcome back, always good to enjoy fellowship with one anouther on here.

Cool! We went on an IT run with someone from Covenant of the Pheonix the other day actually! Sindragosa...he was a bard...well make sure to chat us up in game and look out here for the server announcement! We will be going guardian in a RP-PVP server :)

I knew I had heard of CoTP before! I had asked sindragosa and he didnt know but you guys were in Darkfall! Did you play DF Danny?

Yea, I played Darkfall for about 6 months. CotP is a great bunch, but something that really had taken me aback was their adding "God" to their banned words list and replacing it with "Great Architect". I found this very offensive and spoke with them about it, but they thought it was ok. They say it was to prevent ppl saying bad things about God, but "God" on the ban list made it impossible for me to stay. Plus the term "Great Architect" is often used by organizations (free-masons for instance) when they want to make the term for God more neutral and multi-religious. I'm a zealot for God and I don't want to compromise.

Anyway, I'm glad your going to be on a PvP server, and I'm happy to be back here. If someone can send me the vent or mumble info I would appreciate it :) Also who do I look for in game? My main is Dreadcraft (an old SWG name for my starship crafter, "Dreadcraft's dreaded crafts!" it seemed to work for mages too.)

I just put my wife and kids on a plane, grabbed beer and burritos on the way home and am firing up Rift for a long nighter.

edit: what?!?! server down?!?!
gah guess I can go walk the dog.

lol.. Im in tonight man, be on about 9pm...

I got him an invite earlier! Also got Obed in too..

Welcome man! We love God to so no worries, and we know he is the greatest architect but he was so much more then that. He was the builder too, and he was the finisher and above all else he was the carpenter who built us a bridge with his own two hands, so that we could visit him.

Ok I got carried away.

Yea its great to be in solid fellowship, and I know we are hoping to use this to minister to others, but in doing so taking care of one anouther is important too.

Look forward to picking your brain about the game since you have been around since Alpha.

Lots of changes since then I am sure.

Back