Off-site backup 11/28-11/29 may affect system performance

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
@Hescominsoon has agreed to help get our server up to date, for which I am extremely grateful.

The first order of business is performing a full site backup to an off-site location. This backup will begin immediately (if it hasn't started already) and may affect system performance, which means the forums may respond more slowly while the backup is in progress. The backup may take several hours to complete.

Future updates and major changes will be scheduled and notice given at least on the forums, likely also on social media (e.g. Facebook and Twitter), and possibly on Discord as well.

Here I come back out of my hole..:) We are going to get the server that is running the CGA forums up to snuff. There's a fair amount of work to be done. The first thing I am doing is an offiste backup to my servers in maryland. Once that is completed then I'll coordinate with Tek to get the server updated. This process will be disruptive and announcements will be made ahead of time along with a scheduled maintenance window to accomplish this task. If you have any questions just ask and I'll check from time to time and answer your questions..:)

Sure thing...:) I am also copying all of the recent local backups to my offsite location so the archives match. Hopefully after tomorrow's maintenance I'll be able to automate the making of offiste backups..:)

Thank you. I admire those who can keep techie stuffs in their head long enough ta uses it.

Back